At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering molecular and bio-farming, boosting production of nutrients, metabolites and bioactive compounds in plants while providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. Our customers are large beauty, perfume, natural ingredients, food&beverage and neutraceuticals companies.
To advance space exploration, we work with space agencies and private companies and provide them bio-farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut and/or conduct research on impact of microgravity on plant molecular composition.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking to add a Senior Admin and Finance Associate to our team. In a very fast growth context, this individual will play a key role in providing financial and administrative support to the team and all stakeholders of the company. As Senior Admin and Finance Associate your responsibilities will span a wide range of tasks all aimed at ensuring the smooth running of the organization and supporting its growth. We are looking for a dynamic profile focused on outcome, excellent problem solver and with strong communication skills.
- Be an internal and external point of contact / driving force on all financial, admin and accounting matters
- Prepare budgets and maintain reports on financial metrics
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Oversee customer billing and collection
- Oversee supplier invoice processing and payments
- Support preparing yearly / interim accounts & reports
- Participate in payroll processes
- Report on financial projections
- Help strengthen current processes (Reporting etc.) and tool stack
- Provide support on strategic finance (FP&A etc.) and cash management (tracking etc.)
- Minimum 5+ years in similar corporate or startup functions (series A/B)
- MSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures both US & FR
- Experience using accounting / financial / admin tool stacks
- Excellent analytical, numerical and communication skills
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experience in a hardware start-up a big plus
- Experience in multi-entity a plus
- Efficient, learn fast, work fast
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Rigorous and proactive mindset
- Ability to manage unexpected events with tight deadlines
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at Interstellar Lab. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan (US employee) short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks.
Interstellar Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interstellar Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.