We are seeking an exceptional HVAC Mechanical Engineer who is motivated to build with us a future full of life on Earth and beyond. You will work with the team of engineers, scientist and designers and will be responsible for conceiving and designing cutting edge, heating and cooling components and systems with optimum efficiency, performance, reliability and safety for EBIOS terrestrial station. You will collaborate with ECLSS (Environment Controlled Life Support System) team in the design and prototyping of EBIOS HVAC systems for space settlement.
You are passionate about our planet and want to contribute in designing and building innovative and energy efficient HVAC solutions we need on Earth. You are also passionate about space exploration and want to contribute in designing HVAC systems that we will need on other planets.
- Mechanical design of HVAC components for EBIOS_1
- Optimization for efficiency, cost, weight and manufacturability
- Develop component and system level requirements based on requirements and customer experience
- Lead creation of component specifications and other technical design documents
- Manage suppliers and projects to ensure timely program deliverables within budget
- Support EBIOS_1 engineering program though all life cycle: spec development, prototype builds, test, and production
- BS or Msc degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Outstanding design and 3D modeling skills
- Passion for energy efficiency
- Demonstrable motivation and ability to solve novel, difficult design problems with tight timing constraints
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems
- Working knowledge of heat transfer, fluid dynamics and thermal management
Los Angeles (United States) or/and Paris (France).