GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Programmatic Solutions Manager is a key member of our Programmatic Team and supports the growth of our relationships with clients and agency trading desks. The Programmatic Solutions Manager has a deep understanding of programmatic advertising; specifically understanding the organizational makeup of an Agency Trading Desk, and uses that knowledge to evangelize the benefits of programmatic advertising to clients while also educating internal teams.
This role works primarily to support our sales team in growing our relationships with high level contacts, securing programmatic spend and act as a programmatic specialist for the various accounts in the East region.
- Support Sales team to grow Programmatic Business
- Work closely with the internal sales and support teams to help secure and support programmatic buys as the GumGum programmatic expert for the East region.
- Accompany sales team on client meetings to provide clarity around our technology, DSP setup, campaign troubleshooting, optimization and overall best practices.
- Grow Programmatic Spend
- Help to secure senior level meetings within the agency trading desks to grow GumGum’s programmatic presence within their marketplace.
- Programmatic Expert for East Accounts
- Drive the technical setup for clients and agencies to allow them to execute campaigns and manage advertising spend
- Work as the liaison between the buyer (GumGum’s Client) and DSP to activate and measure successful campaigns, while troubleshooting any issues that may arise on either side.
- Provide campaign reporting metrics for both internal teams and clients as necessary
- Act as an expert by staying relevant on the comprehensive GumGum programmatic offering as well as maintaining an expert knowledge of the DSP Platforms that GumGum integrates with. Use this knowledge to support and educate clients and internal teams as necessary.
- Own the region’s programmatic reporting from daily pacing and performance updates to quarterly and annual reviews of the region
- Monitor individual campaign performance and actively provide feedback to both internal and external teams that will optimize performance and ensure full delivery.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working for an agency trading desk in programmatic OR Demand Side Platform
- Minimum 3 years experience operating Demand Side Platform User Interfaces
- Expert level understanding of Deal IDs, Real Time Bidding, and other programmatic industry processes
- Extensive experience setting up online advertising campaigns within multiple DSPs from start to finish - deal creation, creative upload, campaign optimizations, etc.
- An understanding of the agency model from the holding company to the agency trading desk.
- Exceptional organizational, relationship-building, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and G-suite skills (Word/ Excel/ Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with online advertising terms, concepts and business models.
- Proactive and highly organized, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and campaigns in a timely manner
- A professional network across the programmatic industry including at agency trading desks
- Looks forward to speaking in and with large groups about the programmatic space and the Adtech industry, both internally and with clients
- An analytical mindset and logical approach to problem-solving based on drawing insights from data
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum