Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Figma is looking for our next Workplace Manager to support the growth of our NY Hub. You will work closely with the Director of Workplace and execute on the vision of our office in a post-Covid environment. You’ll also have a huge impact on Figma’s greatest asset--its people. This hands-on, lead-by-example role will have you partnering with teams across the business. You’ll champion Figma’s values and connect our people together through promoting a positive and inclusive culture. We’re opening a new office and we’ll need someone to help prepare our new office for the team. We need someone that brings creativity, high energy, and an extraordinary employee experience to fellow Figmates by deeply understanding their needs. If you have a passion for design, an eye for detail and are excited about the opportunity, come join the Workplace team.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Own and enhance the workplace experience by ensuring the daily office operations run smoothly.
- Cultivate a productive and welcoming workplace. Create a supportive and inclusive environment that increases creativity, productivity and well-being and fosters energy and engagement in the workplace
- Implement our covid safety guidelines and ensure our team is following all safety protocols.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency and best practices across Hubs, while innovating to improve the effectiveness of our Hubs.
- Coach, manage and develop an office coordinator in our NY office
- Own our events/employee engagement programming for NY, aligning with the rest of the global team.
- Partner with Finance to own operations budgets, including forecasting, tracking expenses, submitting monthly expense reports, and adjusting ongoing costs as needed.
- Coordinate and manage the relationship with our landlord including all other vendors. Serve as the primary point of contact for building management and facilities staff; coordinate with building staff on all repairs, maintenance, and building issues.
- Overseeing contracts and service providers for functions such as cleaning/janitorial services and security, as well as any other operationally-related vendors
- Run all emergency preparedness planning and training for NY hub-based employees
Some projects you could work on:
- Build on existing workplace programs to activate social connections both in-office and virtually.
- Drives continuous improvements and innovations to our current workplace processes.
- Coordinate and assist with programs and events that drive Workplace culture, including Employee Resource Group (ERG) and Social Impact Groups (SIGs), and DEI initiatives.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years as a workplace manager or a similar role in a startup environment
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Self-directed multi-tasker, you’re able to tackle a myriad of tasks thrown your way. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and iterate creatively as needs change.
- Highly collaborative self-starter who is comfortable navigating through ambiguity to create a structured, programmatic approach to workplace experience initiatives.
- Experience leading or running global events, are self-motivated and self-directed. You should be able to identify projects in addition to executing them.
- Bring high energy and enthusiasm in everything you do
- Experience collaborating with remote teams
- A proven track record to think creatively, problem solve, and develop scalable, innovative solutions.
- Previous experience working across a variety of timezones, cultures, and markets
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.