Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Teamwork is a full stack web engineering group building the features that enable companies of all sizes to successfully adopt, manage, collaborate, and create in Figma Design and FigJam, from two-person teams to the Fortune 500. This includes (but is not limited to) ownership of core surface areas like our search and file browsing capability, security and access platform, customer lifecycle (billing and payments) systems, and/or in-product notifications. As an engineer on Teamwork, the work you’ll do will have lasting and outsized impact on Figma as a successful business, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to both leverage your existing strengths and learn new skills as the team grows and takes on new challenges.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Regularly collaborate with designers, PMs, and other engineers on and beyond your team (or org) to plan features that unblock adoption across new categories of customers, and to break down high level goals into tasks and timelines
- Build, document, and maintain tests, features, and infrastructure
- Regularly communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team and facilitate spaces of learning, belonging, and growth
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of professional experience shipping features and/or products as a full-stack developer
- Experience communicating and collaborating regularly and effectively with designers, PMs, engineers, and stakeholders beyond your team (or org) to plan features and break down high level goals into tasks and timelines,
- A growth mindset and experience investing in the learning, development, belonging, and impact of your peers
- A passion for and experience with driving B2B and/or B2C product direction and developing product platforms
- Experience with crafting delightful user facing product experiences that enable customization and categorization
While it’s not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- 2+ years of experience operating in a technical lead capacity working on collaboration tools or B2B/B2C SaaS products
- Advanced education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a relevant technical field
- Experience iterating on core aspects of a product’s identity, authentication, and permissions infrastructure
- Experiencing redesigning a product’s main home feed/UI
- Experience standardizing information architecture and core product frameworks
- Experience building for the SaaS product customer lifecycle via new pricing tiers or more flexible billing models
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.