Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The Data Science team at Figma partners directly with our product and engineering teams to uncover insights, influence decision making, and apply a data lens to business problems critical to Figma’s growth. Our work is diverse and evolving. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of technical challenges from data engineering, analytics, experimentation, and machine learning. We seek data scientists with strong coding and statistics fundamentals and who are excellent communicators among technical and non-technical audiences.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Research, Design, Sales, and Marketing to turn business questions into data problems
- Evaluate experiments to measure the impact of product changes
- Define and surface metrics to guide decision making
- Communicate and document data logging and requirements
- Build models to understand user behavior and predict growth
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
In your first few months, you'll:
- Work with an onboarding buddy to make your first edits to our data tables and dashboards
- Start to build deep context and expertise in Figma's data and product
- Deliver your first product analysis
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A strong baseline in statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or other quantitative field
- Experience with R, Python, or similar scripting language
- Firm knowledge around statistical methods and models
- A self-starting approach along with strong communication and collaboration skills
Read more about our team
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.