DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Senior Security Engineer - Forensics, you will be responsible for conducting all aspects of a digital forensics related to security incidents, suspected data breaches, and other potential cyber-related incidents.
What you'll do in this role:
- Conduct evidence collections in a forensically-sound manner using industry standard hardware and software tools
- Maintain asset chain-of-custody and practice proper evidence documentation procedures
- Conduct detailed analysis of DRW computers, external media, and mobile devices
- Produce written reports of findings to stakeholders in a clear & concise manner
- Be prepared to provide affidavits and other forms of written and oral testimony as needed
- Forensic hardware/software tool testing and validation
- Assist with development of internal forensics infrastructure
- Develop automated solutions to manual forensic processes when possible
- Assist with training of other security team members in best practices as needed as related to evidence acquisition and/or analyses
- Apply lessons learned from internal investigations to security monitoring tool rules and infrastructure
- Assist with security policy development and incident response plan maintenance as needed
- Assist with alerts generated from security monitoring tools as needed
What’s needed for this role:
- 7+ years of experience performing forensic acquisition and examination in Windows, Linux, and macOS environments
- Experience performing forensic acquisition and examination of mobile devices
- Experience performing analysis with multiple forensic platforms and tools, such as Magnet Axiom, X-Ways, EnCase, and Cellebrite
- Experience with memory forensics and analysis using commercial and open source tools
- Knowledge and experience implementing evidence handling and chain-of-custody procedures
- Forensic lab management experience, including infrastructure (hardware and software), processes, procedures, and supporting documentation based on industry best practices
- Scripting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.