DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As the Infrastructure Manager in our Amsterdam office, you will work closely with our technology teams and external parties providing world-class support investigating and resolving a variety of technical and business issues every day. Your success with depend on your ability to rapidly identify and resolve business impacting issues. Your work will range from addressing time-sensitive, critical problems to managing long-term projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with stakeholders and other technical services teams to plan and deliver new trading technology and systems
- Leading the engineering efforts to automate processes, monitor systems, and improve software management
- Maintaining the health and availability of a world class trading eco-system
- Providing user support and training for in-house and 3rd party software throughout the day
- Maintaining and monitoring all server side software to ensure systems are working
- Performing system administration, installation, problem isolation, and resolution on Windows/*nix systems
- Partnering with other engineering teams to coordinate software, hardware, and application releases, upgrades, and maintenance
- Leading expansion and retro-fitting of facilities and data centers
- Monitoring environmental conditions of critical infrastructure
- Testing out new tech and exploring innovative ideas to enhance our employee’s use of technology
What we’re looking for in this role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Experience working in the trading industry supporting electronic trading systems
- Have experience deploying and supporting critical infrastructure that hosts proprietary and third-party trading applications on both Linux and Windows platforms
- Have hands-on trading application support experience
- Are well versed in managing external trading partners, such as financial exchanges and clearing firms, to resolve technical problems
- Have a track record of successfully managing and developing highly technical teams
- Believe strongly in the power of automation and scripting and have competency with multiple languages and automation tools, i.e. Windows Deployment Services, perl/python/shell, etc.
- Actively promote documentation and knowledge management on your team
- Strong organizational, planning, documentation, and knowledge management skills
- Experience working with remote teams in different time zones
- Flexibility with on-call and weekend infrastructure change efforts
- Are someone who thrives in fast-paced, mission critical environments and enjoy working alongside traders, developers and other engineering teams
- Are passionate about high quality work and relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.