What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with stakeholders and other technical services teams to plan and deliver new trading technology and systems
- Leading the engineering efforts to automate processes, monitor systems, and improve software management
- Maintaining the health and availability of a world class trading eco-system
- Providing user support and training for in-house and 3rd party software throughout the day
- Maintaining and monitoring all server side software to ensure systems are working
- Performing system administration, installation, problem isolation, and resolution on Windows/*nix systems
- Partnering with other engineering teams to coordinate software, hardware, and application releases, upgrades, and maintenance
- Leading expansion and retro-fitting of facilities and data centers
- Monitoring environmental conditions of critical infrastructure
- Testing out new tech and exploring innovative ideas to enhance our employee’s use of technology
What we’re looking for in this role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Experience working in the trading industry supporting electronic trading systems
- Have experience deploying and supporting critical infrastructure that hosts proprietary and third-party trading applications on both Linux and Windows platforms
- Have hands-on trading application support experience
- Are well versed in managing external trading partners, such as financial exchanges and clearing firms, to resolve technical problems
- Have a track record of successfully managing and developing highly technical teams
- Believe strongly in the power of automation and scripting and have competency with multiple languages and automation tools, i.e. Windows Deployment Services, perl/python/shell, etc.
- Actively promote documentation and knowledge management on your team
- Strong organizational, planning, documentation, and knowledge management skills
- Experience working with remote teams in different time zones
- Flexibility with on-call and weekend infrastructure change efforts
- Are someone who thrives in fast-paced, mission critical environments and enjoy working alongside traders, developers and other engineering teams
- Are passionate about high quality work and relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.