DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is seeking a Storage Team Lead to lead the efforts in designing, implementing, and refining the firm’s complex storage infrastructure and overall strategy. The Storage Lead will be responsible for leading a team of engineers towards ensuring the storage environment supports the needs of the business.
- Lead a team of engineers, acting as the point of contact, ensuring continuity of operations, and providing career guidance and evaluations.
- Regularly meet with stakeholders to discuss initiatives and ensure storage environment stays ahead of any expected growth/changes.
- Conduct performance, capacity, and lifecycle planning across the suite of storage products, adjusting overall strategy as required.
- Author business case documents to justify purchases of hardware/software/support.
- Deploy and administer hardware and software-based storage solutions utilizing a variety of third-party and open-source products while taking part in routine operations/support.
- Manage storage-specific network equipment and networks.
- Manage backup environment to ensure data integrity and archiving of data critical to the firm.
- Perform problem resolution, root cause analysis, and implement projects to reduce issues.
- Implement automation and scripting to reduce manual tasks and provide proactive alerting to get ahead of outages.
- Maintain vendor relationships and research and test new/updated technologies.
- Act as point of escalation within the team and to other teams for storage-specific issues.
- Work with other internal teams on hardware specifications, quoting and provisioning.
- Document systems and configurations for ease of support for other members of the team.
- Establish cross-training programs for knowledge sharing across disparate storage technologies.
- Be part of a 24x7 support team with on-call rotation.
- Prior experience leading a team of storage engineers in a global, fast-paced environment with minimal downtime.
- 10+ years of experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining a wide variety of storage hardware and software.
- Knowledge of storage-related connectivity protocols and technologies (iSCSI, NFS, Fibre Channel, SAN, NAS, DAS, block, etc.) as well as major vendors (NetApp, Nimble, Dell, EMC, RedHat, etc.)
- Prior experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure) and associated storage management/tiering (S3, Glacier, Azure Blob) a plus.
- Solid knowledge of and experience using scripting or automation technologies (i.e. PowerShell or Python)
- Experience with a variety of backup vendors (NetBackup, Veeam, Rubrik, etc.)
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production issues while making sensible decisions in times of stress.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.