Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Cumberland team in Singapore. This role will be responsible for administering, supporting, and improving a technologically diverse stack used to research and trade cryptoassets across many exchanges and regions. You will work directly with developers and traders to monitor the health and utilization of Cumberland’s systems to proactively detect/resolve issues as well as develop new tools to improve all aspects of Cumberland operations. This role involves a mixture of DevOps, as well as infrastructure and application support.
The regular schedule for this role will be Monday through Friday, but a weekend on-call rotation will be required once every 3 weeks.
- Work as part of our cryptoasset team to establish and maintain best-in-class technical support for production 24-hour trading operations
- Enhance software configuration and deployment procedures
- Support core market connectivity and correspond with exchanges regarding trade order activity, connectivity, and other related technical support issues
- Work interactively with DBA’s, core development, trading desks, back office systems, infrastructure and management teams
- Continue to enhance monitoring infra leveraging Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk and other tools
- Migrate existing infra to Kubernetes where appropriate
- Build and enhance tooling used by devops team
- Research and implement new technologies as appropriate
- Consistently challenge the norm and advocate for change that could benefit the team
- Contribute to high availability and low latency system architecture
- Prior experience supporting mission critical, high performance applications
- 3+ years of script development experience, preferably Python
- Database experience including query writing, table creation, and maintenance
- 3+ years Linux platform support experience
- Previous experience with Prometheus, Grafana and Splunk
- Basic knowledge of how to implement TLS
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communications experience, including multicast and websockets
- Flexibility to take off-hours support calls as needs dictate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 1+ years of hands-on docker and Kubernetes experience
- Experience in developing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using Ansible or similar technology to manage infrastructure
- Bonus points if you are experienced with Terraform and AWS
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to learn quickly and a passion for new technology
- Self-motivated to continually expand your skillset and improve supported systems
- Demonstrates high level of ownership and accountability for area of responsibility
- Able to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organization skills, including planning, prioritization, and documentation
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.