DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Trade Execution Systems team is growing. As an operations manager, you will be leading the team that provides mission critical support for our proprietary trading applications and traders. The operations team performs a wide variety of technical work ranging from trade support to operating our proprietary trading systems. Reporting to the trading systems manager, you will work in a dynamic trading environment that provides new technical challenges constantly, alongside highly skilled traders and software developers.
What you’ll be working on:
- Leading the trade support team for a large algorithmic trading desk.
- Managing the scheduling of trade support to ensure proper coverage during the US, European, and Asian trading hours.
- Organizing, scheduling and supervising trading systems support to deliver flawless trade execution, software deployment and configuration, and proactive monitoring.
- Planning and coordinating execution of projects.
- Overseeing operations during trades to ensure that company goals are being met.
- Monitoring existing processes and analyze their effectiveness.
- Setting and maintaining productivity and quality standards, documentation standards, and onboarding processes.
- Communicating with various internal teams to prioritize and schedule time critical tasks that are a necessary part of the trading desk’s operations.
What is needed in this role:
- Experience in managing technical people or leading a technical team.
- Experience in managing day to day operations under strict time constraints.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle high pressure and time constraints with composure.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize.
- A bachelors degree.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A client-focused, service- minded approach and a strong sense of urgency.
- The ability to learn quickly and a passion for new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Bonus Points for:
- Previous experience in financial markets or with financial trading applications
- Knowledge of exchange technologies and protocols (FIX, etc) used across various asset classes
- Experience in application support
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (multicast, TCP, routing)
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments
- Basic scripting skills (Such as; Python, PowerShell or Bash, etc.)
- Previous experience with configuration management tools such as Chef and Ansible
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.