DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Data Frameworks team is looking for a passionate C++ Software Developer to develop new and improve existing low latency trading systems and other applications. You will be integral in the interaction between various research and trading teams and you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies.
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have significant experience developing high-availability systems in C++ with very tight latency constraints
- Have significant experience developing complex applications in C++ with very high performance orientated (Windows and Linux)
- Have strong knowledge in parallel computing and Network programming
- Have a strong understanding of C++11/14/17, boost, STL
- Have strong understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Have strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Possess self-motivation, curiosity and passion for technology
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge and experience in Python
- Experience working in the trading industry or other ultra-low latency sensitive business that involves solving remarkably complex problems
- Knowledge and experience in network protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP…)
- Experience of full life-cycle software development utilizing exotic hardware/software architectures for ultra-low latency trading systems
What you’ll be working on:
- Designing and building low latency trading systems
- Creating and improving operation applications
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Driving projects and leading new initiatives
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.