Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technology. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem grow and evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
In Japan, Cumberland trades with counterparties which are registered with the FSA. As a Relationship Manager in our Tokyo office, you will be tasked with enhancing existing counterparty relationships and developing new business opportunities with those counterparties on a global basis. Given the nature of this market, you will also be expected to understand changes occurring real-time. This is a unique opportunity for someone to leverage their financial markets sales experience in a new way.
- Meet and demo electronic-trading platform capabilities and talk through technical specifics
- Plan and facilitate in-person meetings with counterparties; travel as necessary
- Respond to counterparty inquiries and act as a main point of contact to counterparties
- Work directly with traders and cryptoasset researchers to gain market knowledge and expertise
- Generate and present regular business summary reports to senior management
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of institutional sales or brokerage experience at a bank or ECN
- Electronic OTC sales/brokerage experience (e-FX, interest rates) highly preferred
- Deep knowledge of Foreign Exchange, electronic trading and connectivity
- Existing network within liquidity management and trading platforms, specifically Japan
- Must have ability to speak, read, and write in Japanese, as well as English
- Data-driven approach to decision making and priority setting
- Proven ability to work effectively in fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Strong knowledge of institutional sales workflow and processes
- High sense of urgency, self-motivation and entrepreneurship
- Strong organizational and project management skills and an ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Initiative and proven experience independently driving projects to completion
- Prior experience in cryptoassets not required; an interest in cryptoassets markets is a plus
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.