DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is seeking a Senior Database Administrator who will be responsible for implementation, support and maintenance of mission critical database environments. The administration of these environments includes clustering, storage, securing, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery. This person will help manage and support current and future database and storage environments and initiatives, and proactively evaluate physical and logical design and architecture of the systems to keep up with the dynamic and growing business needs of DRW.
- Proactively manage and optimize various database platforms and related OS environments
- Perform database performance and query tuning
- Perform logical database design review and physical database implementations.
- Implement and maintain production databases
- Perform database backups, restores, log shipping, mirroring and replication, etc.
- Work with system engineering team on database server installation, configuration and system performance tuning and capacity planning
- Respond to production and business-critical issues and needs on 24/7 basis and rotate in an on-call schedule
- 5+ years of production Oracle database administration experience
- Strong UNIX/Linux skills
- Experience with clustering, replication and mirroring a plus
- Strong knowledge of database performance tuning and configuration tools
- Strong technical problem-solving skills essential
- SAN knowledge a plus
- Must have T-SQL or PL/SQL experience
- Experience working with SQL Server, Postgres, InfluxDB or MySQL a plus
- Proven ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks and projects, and efficiently handle pressure and stress
- Must be self-motivated, possess strong initiative, and be willing to take on new challenges
- Must demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to different work environments
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.