This role is part of our Holding team based in Amsterdam and Rotterdam. Our team is a vibrant mix of talents, ranging from finance, hospitality and travel experts to recruitment, People & Culture, and marketing enthusiasts. We’re the behind-the-scenes-heroes, the working-across-all-teams ones. Think of us as the powerhouse that keeps DEPT® Netherlands running smoothly; Depsters can always rely on us for answers, ideas, support, and exciting outings and initiatives.
Do you want to work at one of the fastest-growing digital agencies worldwide? And does ‘out of the box thinking’ tick that last box for you? Then we want to have you on board! We are currently searching for a Reporting Manager to join our Rotterdam office.
- Lead the process around the consolidated annual report including the related compliance obligations (i.e. filing, audit), including the preparation of statutory audits of corporate entities.
- Lead group-level functions including consolidation, group control, technical accounting, and reporting.
- Manage team members and responsible for team development (approx. 5 FTE)
- Oversee the group's monthly, quarterly, and annual close reporting processes, collaborating closely with relevant stakeholders and specialists from local finance teams, FP&A, tax, and valuation.
- Support the group's finance processing operation, enhancing efficiency through process improvement and standardization. This includes monitoring internal controls relevant to the group control team.
- Ensure the integrity of financial data on the chosen IT platforms, identifying, monitoring, and resolving data discrepancies and anomalies in source documents in collaboration with relevant teams and IT vendors.
- Act as a stakeholder or lead special projects to support other company departments and initiatives related to consolidation, technical accounting, and financial reporting.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have a Master’s Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field.
- Working experience with responsibilities covering accounting, reporting, internal control, preferably in a buy-and-build environment.
- Have an in-depth understanding of primary statements and disclosure requirements under IFRS and NL law.
- Have extensive knowledge of consolidated annual reporting processes and statutory reporting processes.
- Have an understanding of consolidation and reporting software systems, as well as local financial administration systems.
- Have an affinity with data and systems (design and implementation).
- Ability the to foresee and implement what the company will need to facilitate growth in alignment with the corporate strategy.
- Have understanding of and ability to implement the internal control environment typical to a finance organisation and reporting, as well as the elements of an effective control measure for a service project organisation.
- Have experience with private equity and a buy-and-build strategy is a plus, as well as experience with project accounting.
- Value flexibility and resilience as a vital skill in any role.
- Have leadership skills in an organisation within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and a keen interest in developing team member skills and maintaining a trusting team environment.
- The choice to work where you are most productive: whether that is in one of our offices, or abroad for 13 weeks a year. Rather work from home? No problem! We’ll provide you with the best of class materials, such as a high-quality laptop, monitor, work phone and the necessary furniture.
- Everything to focus on your health: from free bootcamp to yoga lessons, mindfulness sessions, mental health services, serious discounts on sport memberships, healthy lunches at the office, and above all: a safe work environment.
- Great fringe benefits; use of OV-bikes, an NS Business Card and many other goodies.
- You can discover even more employee benefits here.
- A reputation for doing good. DEPT® has been named a Great Place To Work in 2023 and has been a Certified B Corp® since 2021 and named ‘Agency of the Year’ at both The Lovies and The Webby Awards.
- Awesome clients. Whether big or small, local or global — at DEPT® you’ll get the opportunity to work with clients of all sizes and across all industries. And we celebrate all of our successes together!
- The opportunity for possibility. We want to enable you to do what you do best and help you develop your skills further with training, development and certifications.
- Annual trip to DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all expenses paid weekend of fun!
- Global annual DEPT® Cares Month in which employees come together and donate their skills to support local charities.
WHO ARE WE?
We are pioneers at heart. What does that mean? We are always looking forward, thinking of what we can create tomorrow that does not exist today. We were born digital and we are a new model of agency, with a deep skillset in tech and marketing. That’s why we hire curious, self-driven, talented people who never stop innovating.
Our culture is big enough to cope and small enough to care. Meaning, that with people across 30+ countries, we’re big enough to provide you with the best tools, global opportunities, and benefits that help you thrive. While acting small by investing in you, your growth, your team, and giving you the autonomy to solve our clients problems, no matter where you are in the world.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At DEPT®, we take pride in creating an inclusive workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We actively seek to recruit, develop, nurture, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with varying skills and perspectives.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Apply, and let us decide! Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every requirement, when in fact they do. We believe in giving everyone a fair chance to shine.
We also encourage you to reach out to us and discuss any reasonable adjustments we can make to support you throughout the recruitment process and your time with us.
Want to know more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion? Check out our efforts here.