JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior Cultural Strategist (Social)
Internally, this role will be known as Senior Content Strategist
This position sits in our Marketing & Technology service based in London. We combine data, technology, creative content, and paid media to crack brands’ business problems & drive revenue through a variety of digital marketing solutions like ad campaigns, augmented reality, and chatbots. Our clients include easyJet, eBay, smart, Trainline, Skyscanner, ASOS, Just Eat Takeaway, Twitch, TikTok, and The White Company.
We’re on the hunt for a brilliant cultural strategist to sharpen the quality and strategic nature of our editorial / always on creative responses and ongoing work.
This role is varied – one day you could be crafting a strategically sound, exciting and compelling brief for DEPT’s creative team to respond to – filled with social insights and hot takes on culture. Ideas can range from social-first activations (organic social), creator content, tech ideas, attention-grabbing stunts that drives talkability on social and more. On another day you might be sifting through a large amount of existing brand information and an established brand book to create a solid framework for structuring a high volume of organic social content (always on).
It goes without saying that for this role you’ll be comfortable crafting an editorial ‘north star’ for organic social content, creating content pillars, drafting laydown and soaking up trend reports, data and insights. You’ll likely be obsessed with Reddit, trend reports, audience insights, innovation, social trends, insights and be ingrained in social culture, communities and how a brand authentically connects with communities and drives culture forward.
This role sits in the creative team, and will work closely with creatives. This role is a content strategist rather than brand strategist with a focus on organic social content rather than creating top line brand strategy. You’ll work closely with the wider team across media, tech and the wider teams to contribute to unmissable creative ideas.
The role of Cultural Strategist is exciting, varied and constantly evolving.
This person will be expected to:
- Support client teams and creatives across the business to develop strategies and ideas that answer our clients briefs and exceed their expectations
- Write and communicate engaging and crystal-clear creative briefs to help our creative teams deliver ideas that support business challenges
- Feedback on and develop creative ideas in a constructive and positive manner - motivating the teams around them
- Create frameworks based on brand books that are already in place, creating frameworks to structure organic social content - from a north star, content pillars and how to continually optimise a calendar of content
- Be able to engage top tier clients when presenting - with their strategies rooted in robust insights
- Be innovative in their approach: market-leading innovation in digital and social strategy that our clients couldn’t get anywhere else
- Work with senior clients and consult on key strategic projects
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Excellent briefs leading to stellar creative work
- Advanced level understanding & experience within content strategy
- A high level of relevant experience within a content strategy-focused role
- A solid understanding & experience within social media marketing
- A solid understanding of how to garner insights for action
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex subjects simply
- Ability to work with senior clients on key strategy projects and comfortable presenting to C-level audiences
- Very efficient, producing significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Loves learning and teaching new things
- Great interpersonal and listening skills
- Organised with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and find solutions without help
- A flexible, hybrid working policy
- The choice of medical healthcare providers (Bupa or Medicash)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off each year
- Company pension scheme
- EAP scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Buddy Program: You will be paired with a ‘Buddy’ to help you through your first weeks’ at DEPT®.
- A reputation for doing good. DEPT® has been a Certified B Corp® since 2021 and named ‘Agency of the Year’ at both The Lovies and The Webby Awards.
- Awesome clients. Whether big or small, local or global — at DEPT® you’ll get the opportunity to work with clients of all sizes and across all industries. And we celebrate all of our successes together!
- The opportunity for possibility. We want to enable you to do what you do best and help you develop your skills further with training, development and certifications.
- Global annual DEPT® Cares Month in which employees come together and donate their skills to support local charities.
WHO ARE WE?
We are pioneers at heart. What does that mean? We are always looking forward, thinking of what we can create tomorrow that does not exist today. We were born digital and we are a new model of agency, with a deep skillset in tech and marketing. That’s why we hire curious, self-driven, talented people who never stop innovating.
Our culture is big enough to cope and small enough to care. Meaning, that with people across 30+ countries, we’re big enough to provide you with the best tools, global opportunities, and benefits that help you thrive. While acting small by investing in you, your growth, your team, and giving you the autonomy to solve our clients problems, no matter where you are in the world.
DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At DEPT®, we take pride in creating an inclusive workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We actively seek to recruit, develop, nurture, and retain talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with varying skills and perspectives.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Apply, and let us decide! Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every requirement, when in fact they do. We believe in giving everyone a fair chance to shine.
We also encourage you to reach out to us and discuss any reasonable adjustments we can make to support you throughout the recruitment process and your time with us.
Want to know more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion? Check out our efforts here.