Product Operations act as the connective tissue between the business, product and technology. They ensure that the products we build are addressing the right problems in the business, and provide valuable feedback for our Product Managers to consider next steps.
Product Operations Managers are embedded in product teams and they work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to surface, prioritise, rollout and iterate on new product features. This role is vital in supporting growth, successful product launches, improving processes and helping to build stronger relationships between product and the wider business.
What you’ll be doing
- Establish role as product expert, build relationships across the business and tech and become the go-to person within the product group
- Work with local markets and functions in order to identify key business challenges and opportunities and translate these into strong data driven product requests
- Coordinate and drive the quarterly and annual roadmapping process
- Ensure ongoing product health by leading bug triage and product issue troubleshooting
- Project manage the implementation and roll-out of products, ensuring all stakeholders are aligned on launch tasks
- Create internal documentation to support launches e.g. Go To Market playbooks, internal FAQs and Care team support documentation
- Coordinate regular updates to stakeholders to ensure company wide product knowledge and awareness
- Drive operational efficiencies and enable Deliveroo to scale by proactively identifying and implementing process improvements
- Experience in Project Management / Product Management / Consulting (or equivalent)
- Experience leading cross functional projects and teams
- Ability to influence stakeholders up to senior and exec levels, to drive tasks to completion for projects or launches
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to explain and report complex information concisely and simply through verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with product and engineering teams is preferred
- MBA Qualification
- Experience of managing a small team
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.