Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new challenges, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
As a Senior Product Manager - Algorithms, you will lead some of our most complex and high priority projects at Deliveroo which are at the heart of our business and directly impact our riders, restaurants, and customers. You’ll lead a team of talented data scientists and engineers to build predictive models and algorithms that deliver business value in the short and long-term. You’ll be responsible for delivering high standard projects that require complex stakeholder management and coordination across multiple product teams.
- You are a “systems thinker”
- You have experience in product management, partnering closely with data scientists and engineers to deliver products that impact the real world. You oversee a dedicated team and lead product prioritisation, the roadmap, and delivery of products.
- You can have detailed discussions with data scientists about predictive models or algorithms while being able to explain their uses and benefits to stakeholders and executives around the business. You drive impact while balancing both short and long term priorities.
- You understand how to run A/B and multivariate tests, using data to drive decision-making, and are willing to question your assumptions on a regular basis
- You apply data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re making the biggest difference to our network of riders, restaurants, and customers.
Nice to have
- Degree in Maths, Operations Research, or similar
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.