Staff Platform Engineer
We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as Staff Platform Engineer.
The Platform Infrastructure team is in charge of providing, maintaining, and defining best practices for the infrastructure which makes up the platform used by tens of engineering teams at Celonis to build and run their services.
Responsibilities range from cloud account provisioning and setup, over cluster deployments, to designing an operation of shared services used by the other teams.
As a member of our Platform Infrastructure team, you will get to work in a challenging but highly rewarding area of Celonis’ engineering organization. The work you will do lays at the foundation of our entire cloud platform. You’ll get to apply your skills on the latest tech stack in the areas of DevOps tooling, CI/CD, containerization, orchestration, and cloud infrastructure as code.
The work you’ll do:
- Be the technical owner of multiple pieces of critical architecture within our platform.
- Own delivery of the systems you architect from beginning-to-end, doing what it takes to get things shipped and at full scale in production.
- Deep dive into the performance of systems; inventing new approaches that bring efficiency at scale.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify their needs and evolve our platform
The qualifications you need:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing/maintaining highly reliable and performant cloud solutions at scale
- Experience with at least one of the following cloud providers: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Proficiency in Python, Go, or Java and *nix operating systems
- A solid grasp of development, automation, and monitoring tools and practices. Tools we use include Kustomize, Datadog, Terraform, Ansible, Bash, GitHub Actions.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, GitOps, CI/CD
- Experience operating Kubernetes clusters in production across multiple infrastructures.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.