We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Senior Tax Accountant (Sales & Use).
Senior Sales & Use Tax Accountant will be joining a best-in-class Tax Department and have a high level of independence. The candidate will be expected to utilize good judgment in a proactive, energetic and upbeat manner in order to provide outstanding customer service to our external and internal business partners. Primary duties include but not limited to:
The work you’ll do:
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of indirect tax related reports for all US jurisdictions (such as, sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, property tax, withholding tax, information reporting and unclaimed property) to ensure company compliance.
- Review sales tax returns on a monthly and/or quarterly basis within Avalara
- Ensure that use tax calculations are correct and included in the sales tax returns filed within Avalara.
- Register new jurisdictions for proper indirect tax filings as needed.
- Coordinate with Accounting the preparation of account reconciliations and accruals for various tax related accounts (e.g. sales tax payable) on a quarterly basis.
- Work with business partners on billing issues related to sales tax and the maintenance of customer account information (tax IDs, exemption certificates, etc.)
- Assist with the preparation of tax adjustments for Federal and state income tax filings.
- Assist in the preparation of the tax sections of the company’s SEC reporting and footnote disclosures (10Q and 10K)
- Assisting with data collection for various taxing authorities as needed.
- Research various indirect tax matters and documented conclusions.
The qualifications you need:
- Strong interest and experience working with technology, including new software tools and systems implementations
- Self-directed work style; thrives at being resourceful and embodies a strong work ethic
- Deep understanding of domestic Federal, state and local tax requirements, specifically sales taxes, and capability of applying in a practical manner
- Ability to analyze financial data and clearly and concisely document the interpretation of financial analysis
- Able to act independently, exercising independent decision-making and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to deal with others in a professional manner
- Ability to meet deadlines with high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field required
- Master’s degree in Taxation and/or CPA preferred
- 4+ years of tax experience of progressively increasing responsibility
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.