We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Senior Scala Backend Engineer.
As a Scala developer, who’s passionate about delivery, you will work with Scala 2.13 and use frameworks like cats, fs2. Together we will extend the data catalogue to new storage systems(RDBMS, Datalakes, etc), redesign the data lineage capabilities to support thousands of nodes and alerting, and write scalable and distributed API for data ingestion.
The work you’ll do:
Working in an agile environment to deliver robust quality products release after release:
- Champion best practices within the Scala chapter
- Participate in product initiatives and decisions
- Design, implement and own the technical approach for new product initiatives.
- Investigate and reproduce bugs reported by customers, and occasionally, if required, interact with our customers as part of 2nd level support
- Help upskill and mentor existing team members
- Create internal and external documentation
The qualifications you need:
- Scala as a Functional Programming language. Have a good understanding of the core functional programming paradigm and how and when to use them
- Experience using RDBMS databases. Any other storage solutions like Cassandra, MongoDB, InfluxDb it is a plus
- Experience using messaging systems (Apache Kafka, Apache Pulsar, JMS)
- Experience in writing understandable, testable and maintainable code
- Experience using Lucene will be an advantage
- Experience with data formats like Avro, Protobuf, thrift it is a plus
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.