The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide.The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Celonis now counts as a Decacorn, having raised $1 billion in our most recent funding round in June 2021, valuing the company at more than $11 billion. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
The Associate Counsel, EMEA Commercial will be part of Celonis’ global Legal and Compliance organization and report to the Assistant General Counsel, Global Commercial. The Senior Counsel will be part of a close-knit team of commercial legal experts all over the world and will take responsibility for negotiating key commercial customer transactions throughout EMEA. A successful candidate will be expected to provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented Legal support throughout the company; will have a strong business sense and have experience working as a self-starter in an environment that is fast-paced, business and results-oriented and team focused.
- Draft, review, analyze and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including cloud and on-premise subscriptions, license, and professional services agreements.
- Develop and maintain commercial contract templates.
- Consistently anticipate, analyze, communicate, and propose mitigation strategies for potential risks in contractual, regulatory, compliance, financial and legal areas.
- Provide training on a variety of topics to sales and other cross-functional teams.
- Support ad hoc legal projects as needed.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement, reduction of friction and problem solving within areas of Legal and Compliance.
- Interact with senior stakeholders (including C-Suite and Executive Management) within the Celonis organization, including but not limited to sales, deal desk, finance and compliance.
- Further Celonis’ business, financial and risk management objectives through diligent, proactive and creative lawyering.
- Law degree from a highly-regarded school
- Active bar membership in a European jurisdiction
- Business fluency in English and Spanish or German, a third European language would be a significant plus
- 5+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department including review, negotiation and analysis of commercial contracts, with desired emphasis on licensing agreements
- Experience in supporting quota-carrying, enterprise-level sales personnel is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory matters, including international data protection, corporate compliance and export/trade restrictions
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients and work effectively with remote team and management members
- Sound and practical business judgment
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.