The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide. The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
The Payroll Analyst owns the full cycle payroll process for North America. Has an understanding of processing multi-state payroll and regulatory filings. Partners with the finance team on payroll reporting and reconciliations. Evaluates current payroll processes for opportunities for improvement and ensures all compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure timely and accurate end-to-end, on-cycle payroll processing for semi-monthly and off cycle payroll for North America regions
- Run semi-monthly and off cycle GL payroll journal entries
- Ensure accurate quarter and year end processing including: federal, state and local tax reconciliations (941, 940, W-2, etc.)
- Handle escalated issues, tax notices or tax audits for federal, state & local taxes
- Research and communicate information about current and proposed payroll tax legislation and company procedures to ensure compliance and customer understanding
- Keep up to date on compliance for payroll procedures as they relate to Federal regulations and company policies
- Ensure appropriate documentation for operational process and procedures are in place and adhered to as part of operations
- Confirm required controls are validated and cleared as in accordance to routine payroll processing; raise any exceptions or discrepancies as related to application and business controls to management
- Provide outstanding customer service to employees & business partners with questions relating to payroll and payroll taxes
- Will have a strong partnership with Finance & Accounting team
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance. CPP/CEP (preferred)
- Have a minimum of 3+ years related experience working at a midsize company
- Have knowledge of Payroll Tax Compliance
- Are experienced with WorkDay & ADP Workforce Now
- Have experience with multi-state required
- Are able to work in a high pace environment
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative, have a mindset towards business process improvement and automation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of critical data
- Have excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- Have proficiency in Excel
- Are hands on, strong work ethic and can-do demeanor. Ability to adapt and change when needed.
- ... see people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- … offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- ... are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- … are experts in the field of Process Mining - the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- ... distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.