Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for a Platform Operations Engineer to innovate, win, and grow with us!!
At Bottomline we believe that the way businesses trade and transact should be simple, fast and secure.
Our customers need solutions that give them connectivity, visibility and control. We provide them with resilient and feature-rich payments platforms that deliver against these complex requirements by leveraging “smart” cloud technologies and a verity of overlay services, either from internal suppliers or trusted external parties.
Platform Operations at Bottomline
As we seek to capitalise on the market opportunity, building out a new centralised capability to run and improve our new generation of SaaS-based payment platforms is a strategic imperative which will play a major part in defining, implementing and operating new capabilities. Platform Operations are responsible for the day to day running of a suite of global SaaS platforms that are central to our growth including: capacity management adherence to change management process and automation and monitoring across the complex technology estate.
This new team will be drawn from a wide range of talented and inspirational individuals already operating some of Bottomline’s cloud and on-premise payments applications, supplemented with key hires from the payments, SRE and DevOps industries outside of Bottomline.
The ideal candidate will have real world experience working in a global operation, be fanatical about repeatable process and automation, and understand the challenging choices needed to create scale, resilience, security and availability. Further, this role requires a business-savvy individual who can manage complex situations with stakeholders and clients.
As Platform Operations Engineer, you'll play a key role in building out the platform capability in Bottomline. In collaboration with team members, you will be expected to deliver technical, process and organisational change and improvements in line with the vision set out above.
Key responsibilities include;
- Alerting and Monitoring:
- scope, configure and regularly review alerting and monitoring to ensure rapid notification and resolution of production incidents.
- Platform Incident Recovery:
- Service restoration during Incidents
- Create, validate and update service recovery runbooks.
- Collaborate with application experts to deliver processes that facilitate “one-click” service recovery capabilities
- Platform Change
- Configure and deliver new services to the platform
- Create, validate and update runbooks for standard changes
- Platform Availability
- Develop availability and uptime reporting
- Drive improvements in platform uptime
- Always Available Platform
- Participate in the out of hours “on call” rota to ensure industry-leading incident response is in place for any production issues that may arise.
- Lives and breathes service excellence, delighting customers via best in class operations.
- Has demonstrable experience of supporting complex environments
- Can work across geographical and departmental boundaries to share knowledge and drive platform improvements
- Fanatical about reliability, automation and service
- Can manage priorities and tight plans and knows how to deliver change
What do we look for in a Platform Operations Engineer?
First and foremost, we are looking for a particular type of person who can thrive in this organisation. As Bottomline is in transition from legacy products and a monolithic way of running them, the candidate will need to be fully comfortable with the new technology and be an inspiration for his/her colleagues helping others to grow as well as adapt to change.
You should be technically up to date on latest technologies and cloud native environments.
You will be able to define and improve processes of deployment, monitoring and customer onboarding.
Having production experience with managing Kubernetes and Docker, would make you stand out from the crowd.
- Experience working in SaaS platform operations, ideally in financial messaging or payments environments
- Experienced user of Kubernetes
- Ability to utilise ELK (Kibana / Grafana) to search for logs and create dashboards
- Knowledge of Prometheus required
- Windows and Linux user level experience required
- Experience using GIT, CD tools (Weave Flux) and Helm charts preferred
- Knowledge of Jenkins automation tool preferred
- Knowledge of IP Networking
- Knowledge of ITIL practices
- Basic understanding of Java applications
Secondly, we believe that your soft skills are also very important, such as:
- Sense of responsibility
- Creative Thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Positivity and an optimist approach
- Positive intent
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.