What once was difficult and stressful for homeowners and residents should now feel easy and seamless with Belong, perhaps even fun. In order to provide these magical customer experiences, we’re building a suite of internal software and automation to power and augment our operations teams. These tools enable each member of our team to manage more and more homes as we grow; this type of scalability allows us to become transformative in an industry resistant to change.
Our small, experienced design team is at the forefront of this transformation. As an early member of this team, you’ll own and co-create the design systems that our various teams use every day to run the business. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the 'consumerization' of the internal tools, bringing the same level of design love, rigor, and customer-centricity that we have on our customer-facing website and apps. You will help in shaping the vision, strategy, culture, and process from the ground up as one of the founding members.
Who You Are:
- You have a background in consumer digital product design, and know how to adapt for both web and mobile.
- You’re relentlessly passionate about the user, whomever that user may be, and you’re not afraid to hear them out first-hand.
- You have an intuitive understanding of both UI and UX, and the ability to translate concepts into wireframes, and wireframes into mockups.
- You naturally focus on the smallest of details, and have a sharp eye for pixel-perfection.
- You believe in the power of illustration and animation to convey complex ideas, and are not afraid to incorporate creative or motion design into the final product
- You’re comfortable giving feedback to engineering, and while you won’t ever need to build the page yourself, you know enough CSS to be dangerous.
- You have strong oral/written communication, task and stakeholder management skills.
- You’re relentlessly curious, and always seek to understand something first-hand.
- You'll Need: 5+ years of experience in product design
- Experience in enterprise designs that involve complex workflows
- Experience in data-driven user interfaces
- Portfolio showcasing complex problem-solving skills with a high bar for aesthetics
- Experience contributing to design systems
- Expertise with modern design tools like Figma
- Full-stack design experience building user journeys, wireframes, high-fidelity UI designs, and prototypes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.