We have an exciting opportunity for a CG Generalist position to join the Bardel family. As a CG Generalist, you will be taking 3D vehicles, animating them based on the animatic, then exporting the animation for import into Harmony, then using Harmony tools to trace back the CG vehicle to match the character animation. You'll need to have a good foundation in both Maya and Harmony for this role. This is a perfect position for someone who enjoys working on a fast paced, high profile show and loves 2D animation.
What you will be doing:
- review the provided model against the provided design to determine if the texture requires any changes.
- create the rigging for the provided model.
- animate the model.
- once approved, add basic lighting so that the lines can be seen when rendered.
- export a render of your model.
- import a rendered png sequence of the maya animation.
- determine if it requires separating or if one drawing is sufficient.(For example, you'll need to separate the vehicle elements into overlay and underlay layers for characters in the vehicle).
- if a 2D build is provided of the vehicle, import it into the Harmony scene to load it's colour palette. If there is no build created, you'll need to create a colour palette based on the provided design.
- if there is a camera move in the scene, you'll need to attach the png sequence to it.
- using Harmony drawing and painting tools, you'll need to traceback and colour the vehicle.
What you will bring with you:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar capacity, in the animation industry.
- Proficiency in Maya and Harmony.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal.
- Proven track record of the ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines.
- A sense of humour and willingness to learn as part of a very team-oriented environment
Why Work at Bardel?
We've got great people here. Bardel offers ongoing opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on influential new industry projects. You'll also be given the opportunity to collaborate and learn from other influential career minded Directors, Producers, etc from around the world. For more information regarding Bardel Entertainment please visit www.bardel.ca
We thank all applicants for applying, however due to the number of applications, we can only contact successful applicants to arrange a specific interview time.
*All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.