Conceptualize and create (3D) Animation sequences, under the direction of the Director, in
accordance with the aesthetic, creative and technical quality standards of the project.
Supervise and review the efforts of the key layout animation team, ensuring that deadlines are met and creative goals are achieved.
- Supervise and direct all efforts of the key layout animation team for both Vancouver and Kelowna locations of the project
- Exercise strong leadership and communication skills to the team to ensure that animation assignments are understood and completed as per instructed.
- Update the production team in regards to forecasting, planning of completion dates for the team
- Demonstrate a broad range of Animation abilities in a collaborative environment to conceptualize and create the overall look, attitude and style of the character animation.
- Actively promote and communicate sound solutions for technical and creative issues related to animation.
- Collaborate with Asset team to ensure successful transition of show assets to layout animation
- Mentor less experienced artists and lead by example, providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative animation technologies.
- Meet project quotas, deadlines, milestones, as set by project leads, and the production department.
- Actively participate in team / department meetings. Consistently exercises sound judgment in all areas of performance.
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the positions criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel dont hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
*All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC before December 31, 2020 (for current job postings).