WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for partnering with the General Manager in achieving store sales and maximizing profitability through effective management of the store team and implementation of company policies. The Assistant Manager ensures all standards, of both service and operations, are achieved to excellence and strive to build community. In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is the most senior presence in the store and accountable to oversee all aspects of the stores and staff. The Assistant Manager role is a full-time role with a 40-hour workweek (5 days) consisting of 75% of those hours managing the retail floor and coaching and developing the team. In an effort to build a balanced schedule that supports the needs of the business and our teams, we expect all full-time employees to be available for opening, closing and weekend shifts.
- Demonstrate role responsibility through strong business acumen through leveraging KPI’s to develop and support business driving strategies
- Support leading the team through utilizing company tools, incentives & strategies to support meeting/exceeding sales goals
- Make decisions that impact the business and store environment in a positive manner aligning with store leadership
- Represent the business in meetings and on conference calls, in partnership with General Manager.
- Passionately leads and inspires on the retail floor; present on the retail floor 75% of their work week
- Assist in all third-party vendor communication and orders
- Serve as a coach to Guest Service Associates and Keyholders through playing an integral part in their development
- Exhibit enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit to create a positive ALO work environment
- Use company performance tools to evaluate each associate and provide constant feedback to drive individual growth and improvement in partnership with the store leader
- Support in recruiting, training, and developing talent ensuring all positions are fille din a timely manner with qualified personnel.
- Educates guests and staff on our product, community and culture
- Writes an effective schedule that prioritizes the best business strategy, in partnership with the General Manager
- Assists in processing shipment and ensuring product flow including but not limited to visual merchandising placement and daily replenishment excellence
- Ensure all front and back of house procedures are executed by the team in accordance to the company Policy & Procedure
- Prioritize and delegate tasks effectively and efficiently to store team.
- Future planning workflow business needs to protect optimal performance.
- Oversees the execution of certain deliverables on the Alo Sales and Service Model
- Collaborates with General Manager and cross-functional business partners, as directed, to support all-level organizational goals
- Confident and acts with integrity around all employee relations conversations
- Effective Communication with all levels in the organization.
- 3-5 Years of retail or related industry experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Dynamic interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extraordinary guest experience, organizational and time management skills
- Agile with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga, and free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents (Full-Time Employees)
- 401K with company matching (Full-Time Employees)
- Monthly Store Incentives
- Clothing Allowance
- Free yoga classes at any of our Sanctuaries