WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
The Director of Social Media will be responsible for managing a team of social media strategists and
will help oversee, develop, and execute Alo’s social media strategies, global publishing and bespoke
activations across the business. The Director will develop a strategic framework for engaging
customers and growing the Alo brand across our social platforms. This role will report to the head of
global marketing. This right person for this role needs to have exceptional attention to details, proven
experience managing and inspiring teams to execute while driving innovation, a good eye for
aesthetics, and must be a team player.
- Overseeing the seamless execution of social media content, strategy, and digital campaigns to
attract, engage and grow the Alo community across all social media platforms
- Innovate new strategic thinking across the board, and optimize performance across all social media
- Staying up-to-date on current social media trends and implement them for the brand
- Ensure the delivery of successful campaigns while supporting business-critical KPIs
- Work with cross-functional departments to drive omni-channel social strategy that engages our
customers at every touch point
- Analyze how effective our content and programming is while making recommendations for
improvement based on insights and trends
- Manage performance tracking and reporting, including (but not limited to) monthly, campaign and
ad-hoc reports, in addition to socialization across cross-functional and leadership teams
- Understanding how to leverage social media as a tool to inspire conversion, drive sales, and ignite
quality community growth
- Lead and develop a team of best-in-class Social Media strategists
- All other tasks and responsibilities will be assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum of +7 years of social media and/or related digital marketing experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Natural storyteller who understands the brand DNA, voice and aesthetics
- Strong understanding of and interest in the wellness space, passion for yoga is a plus
- Experience in visual storytelling on social media
- Ability to work to in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, while maintaining a positive “can-do”
- Collaborative team player with an open mind to finding new ways to drive results
- A natural “people person,” skilled at building and nurturing relationships, and balancing many
priorities -- always doing so with a good attitude
- A genuine passion for the Alo brand, it’s mission, customer, and products
- Fluency with analytics and SEO
- Knowledge in the KOL (influencer) landscape
- Strong awareness of US social media best practices and platform knowledge, understanding
measurement metrics of success (engagement, acquisition, etc.)
- Familiarity with online analytical tools and social scheduling applications, such as: Dash Hudson,
Tribe Dynamics, and Google Analytics
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga, and free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents
- 401K with company matching
- Free treats, all day, every day! Stay fueled with complimentary cold brew, kombucha, and healthy snacks.
- Daily yoga classes at HQ taught by some of the best yogis in the world in addition to an onsite gym equipped with best-in-class equipment
- Free yoga classes at any of our Sanctuaries
- Dog friends welcome at HQ!
I confirm that I have read and understood the Notice For Job Applicants, and by submission of my application I consent to and acknowledge the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in the manner as set out in the Notice.