Join our mission
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for an ambitious Manager of School Operations with a Bachelors Degree and 2-3 years of experience working in schools and/or managing projects for a schooling organization.
Become a part of our world-class team
As the Manager of School Operations, you will be responsible for supporting all school operations work for our growing K-3 school model. The Manager of School Operations will be an excellent project manager with expertise in building strong operational systems. You’ll work with a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, passionate colleagues to help Zeta succeed in its mission to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators.
As a Manager of School Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Removing roadblocks and barriers for our Operations Teams through proactive problem-solving
- Own all components of Zeta’s Specialty programming, including both school-day programming and our after-school clubs program
- Project managing the operational components of other specific network-wide programs such as our School Food program
- Creating a yearly plan to ensure our families have a WOW experience with Zeta from the moment they enroll at our schools
- Creating a yearly plan for (and writing) all network-wide family communications to create a WOW experience for our families
- Executing our monthly Operational assessment tool at specific school sites
- Creating strong, scalable, well-documented systems for all components of school operations
- Contributing to leadership of the organization-wide Operations team, including leading trainings as requested, and contributing to long-term planning for Zeta Operations
- Organizing, communicating and holding school-based Operations Directors accountable to deliverables
Bring your whole self
You would make a fantastic candidate for this role if you have:
- Strong writing skills and ability to optimally connect with a broad range of stakeholder groups
- Able to work autonomously and thoroughly with independent self-reflection, as well as take direction as needed
- Ability to learn quickly, to pivot when needed, and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in project plan development, management, and execution
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects with excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experience working in K-12 schools
Other necessary characteristics include:
- Strong systems thinking to create scalable processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and in highly collaborative environment
- Hunger to continuously learn and improve
- Flexible and positive in the face of challenges
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Charter Schools
Zeta operates four schools in the Bronx and upper Manhattan. We have ambitious growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to continue opening two schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).