Food Service Aide
As a Food Service Aide, you will be responsible for organizing, executing, and maintaining food service systems for our students at Zeta Charter Schools. The Food Service Aide will have a strong work ethic, be extremely organized, and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities at once. You will work with a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, passionate colleagues to help Zeta succeed in its mission to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators.
- Organize safe storage of food and maintain a sanitary kitchen
- Receive all food deliveries for breakfast, lunch, and snack
- Ensure that food service equipment and cafeteria spaces are kept stocked and clean
- Foster a positive relationship with all vendors and stakeholders
- Prepare food provided by school vendor, ensuring all safety and preparation guidelines are followed and food is ready for scheduled meal times
- Coordinate service of breakfast, lunch, and snacks to all students daily
- Inventory meal service supplies daily
- Report and help reconcile any issues with vendor orders
- Assist with meal accountability; this will include ensuring food menu items are ordered in a timely fashion and detailed meal consumption records are kept
- Assist with tracking, documentation, and reporting for Zeta’s National School Lunch Program
- Assist with regular health inspections
- Support with other school operations tasks as needed
- The job will require obtaining appropriate food safety and handling certification. Zeta will support the Food Service Aide in obtaining proper certification if not already possessed by the candidate.
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Charter Schools
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and ability to multitask
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are essential
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to comfortably lift and move 20 lbs.
- Someone with an unyielding dedication to cleanliness and hygiene
- High school diploma or higher
About Benefits and Compensation
- Zeta Schools is seeking candidates who can start ASAP at our Bronx location with hours from 7am to 2pm, Monday through Friday. This is a part-time role through end of June 2021. All candidates will need to complete and successfully receive a food handling certificate. Hourly compensation is $15/hour.
Work authorization required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.). Zeta Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Zeta Charter Schools is a next-generation charter school network in NYC that launched two public charter schools in the South Bronx and Inwood communities, with plans to grow to 25 schools serving Pre-K-12th grades. As we expand to Pre-K-3 for the 2020-2021 school year, Zeta Charter Schools is focused on a people-first culture that maintains high expectations to enable team members to grow personally and professionally. Zeta’s mission is to build and maintain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, innovators, and problem solvers.
What makes Zeta unique?
In addition to cultivating a high-performance culture that fosters extraordinary outcomes, Zeta Charter Schools has a focus on innovation learning as well as mindfulness and wellness to drive our rigorous hands-on academics. With the implementation and adaptation of social-emotional programming, we promote an environment of mindfulness that serves as a strong foundation for a respectful school community. Additionally, the Zeta school design combines the best of an academically rigorous education, focused on critical thinking and problem solving, with cutting-edge technology and tools.