At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. Our purpose lies in changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
Food Service Aide
As a Food Service Aide, you will be responsible for organizing, executing, and maintaining food service systems for our students at Zeta Charter Schools. The Food Service Aide will have a strong work ethic, be extremely organized, and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities at once. You will work with a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, passionate colleagues to help Zeta succeed in its mission to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators.
- Organize safe storage of food and maintain a sanitary kitchen
- Receive all food deliveries for breakfast, lunch, and snack
- Ensure that food service equipment and cafeteria spaces are kept stocked and clean
- Foster a positive relationship with all vendors and stakeholders
- Prepare food provided by school vendor, ensuring all safety and preparation guidelines are followed and food is ready for scheduled meal times
- Coordinate service of breakfast, lunch, and snacks to all students daily
- Inventory meal service supplies daily
- Report and help reconcile any issues with vendor orders
- Assist with meal accountability; this will include ensuring food menu items are ordered in a timely fashion and detailed meal consumption records are kept
- Assist with tracking, documentation, and reporting for Zeta’s National School Lunch Program
- Assist with regular health inspections
- Support with other school operations tasks as needed
- The job will require obtaining appropriate food safety and handling certification. Zeta will support the Food Service Aide in obtaining proper certification if not already possessed by the candidate.
- Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Charter Schools
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and ability to multitask
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are essential
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to comfortably lift and move 20 lbs.
- Someone with an unyielding dedication to cleanliness and hygiene
- High school diploma or higher
Zeta Schools is seeking candidates who can start ASAP at our Bronx location with hours from 7am to 2pm, Monday through Friday. This is a part-time role through end of June 2022. All candidates will need to complete and successfully receive a food handling certificate. Hourly compensation is $17/hour.
Currently, Zeta operates multiple schools, in the South Bronx and Upper Manhattan. We have big growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to open 1-2 schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).
COVID-19 vaccination mandate: Employment with Zeta Charter Schools is conditioned on proof of full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus or approval of an exemption due to a qualifying medical condition.