Find your purpose
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. Our purpose lies in changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a stellar Special Projects Associate with a Bachelor’s Degree who is fueled by a passion for team success and continual improvement.
Deliver powerful results
As Special Projects Associate, you play an integral role in ensuring that your school community has strong operational systems in two key areas: student assessments and after-school club programming. You have a strong desire to make a positive impact on a school community and are excited at the prospect of applying your skills to building world-class assessment and after-school club systems while also supporting Operations across the school. In this role, you will receive extensive support, hands-on experience, and professional development.
As a Special Projects Associate, your key responsibilities will include:
- Project Management: Drive large, complex projects to excellent outcomes through strong project planning and people management
- Student Assessments: Plan and execute the assessment process across all grades, including scheduling, preparation of materials, family communication, and organizing/ analyzing data for the academic team
- After-school Clubs and Specialist Programming: Plan and execute all systems for Zeta’s after-school club and specialist programming
- Event Management: Plan and lead aspects of Zeta family and student events, helping to strengthen our school community
- Communication: Proactively create and disseminate Zeta communications, particularly pertaining to assessments and after-school clubs
- Relationships: Build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with families, colleagues, and staff; consistently deliver Zeta’s vision of WOW in Family Service
- Replication: Build replicable processes and systems, particularly around assessments and after school clubs
- Operational Brilliance: Collaborate with the Operations team to maintain a high-standard of operational brilliance throughout the school building
Join our passionate community
We want team members who are passionate about our mission, vision, and core values. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback. You are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them at all costs. You are highly skilled at effectively communicating with your team members, both in good times and bad. You are humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment. You want to have a voice in how we transform the landscape of education.
We want lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and passion. At Zeta, we need you to bring your passion for learning, disrupting the status quo, and tackling problems with creative solutions.
Zeta operates five schools in the Bronx and upper Manhattan. We have ambitious growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to open two schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.). Zeta is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.