Join our mission
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for a stellar candidate for the Development position with a Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5+ years of work experience in nonprofit fundraising, philanthropy, and/or management consulting who is fueled by a passion for team success and continual improvement. The ideal candidate has a creative, problem-solving mindset; is an incredible written and oral communicator, excels at building relationships, and is interested in education. The position title will be commensurate with candidate experience.
Deliver incredible results
Zeta’s Development team obtains the private funding needed for Zeta to deliver on its promise of world-class schooling and achieve its growth plan. In this role, you will lead Zeta’s Development efforts by:
- Establishing Zeta as a top choice for philanthropy for those looking to support innovative solutions to the education crisis and to transform the landscape of public education
- Planning, executing, and evaluating Zeta’s annual fundraising strategy and initiatives to achieve Zeta’s annual fundraising target
- Planning fundraising and other special events, from concept through execution, including sourcing and managing vendors
- Expanding Zeta’s base of support among institutional and individual donors
- Communicating with donors/supporters and board members and answering inquiries in a timely fashion
- Supporting Zeta grant-writing and award applications
- Managing donor and supporter relationships and visits to Zeta schools
- Creating pitch and solicitation materials, with special attention to tailoring messaging for particular audiences
- Staying on top of fundraising trends in education and the broader nonprofit sector
- Supporting the Director of Strategic Impact and CEO in growing and managing Zeta’s Board of Directors and Board of Trustees
Become a part of our world-class team
Our Zeta team is comprised of top talent with incredible schooling and private sector experience. You will make a tremendous team member at Zeta if you:
- Are passionate about our mission of providing world-class education to all students
- Bring a mindset of growth, flexibility, and openness to feedback
- Are hungry and determined to not only meet your goals, but surpass them at all costs
- Are well-organized and detail-oriented
- Are able to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts and various stakeholders
- Excel at building and maintaining relationships and demonstrate incredible interpersonal skills
- Are an excellent story-teller with superb written and verbal communication skills
We maintain an unrelenting focus on Team, so you must be humble, willing to put the team’s needs ahead of your own, and committed to contributing to a collaborative work environment. At Zeta, your voice will be valued. As part of a lean start-up, we expect all our teammates to wear multiple hats and have a can-do attitude about overcoming any hurdle!
We want lifelong learners who live with child-like joy and passion. At Zeta, we need you to bring your passion for learning, disrupting the status quo, and tackling problems with creative solutions. Bring your whole self to Zeta.
Zeta operates five schools in the Bronx and upper Manhattan. We have ambitious growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to open two schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.). Zeta is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.