Join our mission
At Zeta, we pursue an unprecedented combination of high academic achievement and social-emotional development. We insist that every child receives a world-class education while fostering a love for learning. We are changing the public education landscape for all of New York City’s children, and we are uncompromising in our mission.
To achieve our vision, we are searching for an ambitious Manager of Schooling with a Bachelors Degree and 2-3 years of experience working in schools and/or managing projects for a schooling organization.
Become a part of our world-class team
As the Manager of Schooling, you will be responsible for developing, managing, and executing on scalable systems to drive excellent academic outcomes in our growing K-3 schools. The Manager of Schooling will be an excellent project manager with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to create and maintain systems that enhance team efficiency, and have a deep understanding of all aspects of schooling. You’ll work with a team of mission-driven, high-achieving, passionate colleagues to help Zeta succeed in its mission to build and sustain high-performing schools that forge thriving communities of lifelong learners, problem solvers, and innovators.
As an Manager of Schooling, you will be responsible for:
- Project managing essential school management functions and yearly initiatives which include developing and monitoring tools (e.g., project plans, dashboard, key performance indicators, templates, etc.)
- Creating and delivering professional development to school leaders and network teams and coordinating logistics and scheduling for year-long leader professional training.
- Supporting Zeta’s Summer professional learning program for all new and returning staff.
- Creating systems for and managing Zeta’s year-long Resident Teacher training program.
- Working closely with the Academic and Network School Operations teams on the intersection of instructional management, school operations, and family engagement.
- Wearing multiple hats as a part of a lean start-up team, supporting the work of others on the team and taking on new projects and tasks as needed
Bring your whole self
You would make a fantastic candidate for this role if you:
- Have strong written and verbal presentation skills and ability to communicate well with a broad range of stakeholder groups from teachers to senior organizational leadership
- Have strong systems thinking to create scalable processes
- Are able to work autonomously and thoroughly with independent self-reflection, as well as take direction
- Have the ability to learn quickly, to pivot when needed, and to be effective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Have demonstrated proficiency in project plan development, management, and execution
- Have demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Zeta Charter Schools
- Have experience working in K-12 schools (preferred)
Zeta operates four schools in the Bronx and upper Manhattan. We have ambitious growth plans because the educational crisis is massive and requires big solutions. We plan to continue opening two schools each year. Join our growing team today, and change the landscape of public education in New York City. If you can’t wait to get started, apply now!
Equity is at the heart of our mission. We have a deep commitment to pursuing diversity and striving for equity. Zeta is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Work authorization is required (candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.).