Our Trading Operations team is a multi-faceted group whose roles and responsibilities directly support the foundation of trading at Virtu. This team provides the operational efficiency that is central to our success in trading; they manage and optimize the logistics, mechanics and back office workflows that keep Virtu best-in-class. We're looking for an eager, detail-oriented professional to join as a Trading Operations Specialist to support our growing business.
This group is responsible for managing the clearance, settlement, and reconciliation of trades and positions on behalf of multiple trade desks across the firm. You'll interact with multiple groups both internally and externally, working closely with traders, finance, compliance, brokers and firm customers to ensure timely settlement of trades, accuracy of books and records, and avoidance of unanticipated risk to both the firm and its customers.
Operations Specialists also collaborate closely with our Operations Analysts to further enhance the robustness of the firm’s workflows and to enable trading and customer offerings in new markets and asset classes. In this role, you'll grow to be an expert in trade clearance and settlement, and play a crucial role in the firm's ability to conduct trading efficiently and safely. In addition, you'll perform challenging and stimulating data analysis and even help participate in the architecture of new systems and controls. This is a great opportunity for a candidate in the early stages of their career in financial services.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a trade support role at a financial institution (banks and trading firms preferred).
- Experience in middle and/or back office trading operations, with a solid understanding of clearing and settlement cycles.
- A natural problem solver who seeks to improve upon trading operations workflows.
- Exceptional communicator who can translate their ideas into workable solutions.
- Ability to take a complex program and design workable solutions.
- Interest in growing programming abilities (previous experience in SQL is a plus).
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.