Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
FIX Certification and Connectivity Support – (FIX Support / FIX Protocol / OMS Support / Trading)
Through our Global Execution Services, institutions have access to sophisticated algorithms and experienced trading desks to access deep liquidity, maintain anonymity and minimise market impact.
The successful candidate will play a multi-faced role in support of Virtu’s trading business. The role will combine client FIX certification and onboarding, connectivity support, order management system (OMS), overall trading platform/infrastructure support and taking an active role in any relevant projects. The successful candidate will be part of a team that interacts closely with Virtu’s clients and colleagues, focusing on solving problems and assisting with creating solutions to effectively support the business.
- Serve in a client facing role for FIX connectivity on-boarding and certification at the session and application level.
- Perform system configuration for new connectivity client on-boarding. Translate client’s business requirements to the appropriate configuration parameters.
- Perform internal application and OMS testing and trouble-shooting.
- Install and configure the FIX applications and end-to-end testing functionalities and integration test.
- Manage issues, changes, bugs, and enhancement requests for global Client Connectivity team.
- Maintaining UAT OMS and connectivity environments.
- Coordinate long term projects between internal technology groups.
- Provide day-to-day support to clients, Virtu sales traders and other colleagues for all FIX connectivity, order routing and Order Management System (OMS) queries.
- Perform production problem investigation using technical and analytical expertise and knowledge of the system to resolve problems effectively.
- 2 years experience in a technical support role.
- UNIX command line skills (vi, grep, tail etc.) is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with FIX is strongly preferred
- SQL skills strongly preferred
- Familiarity with JIRA or other ticketing systems is a plus.
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Good communication and task management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a delivery driven environment.
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.