Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide
Virtu’s Crypto trading desk is a newly formed, global team that focuses on digital asset and digital asset derivative trading. The team leverages our cutting-edge trading technology to develop and enhance our strategies and trading operations across both proprietary and client-facing businesses.
Our Crypto Traders are risk managers that help to keep our trading system and strategies running smoothly, providing critical operational support and maintaining our high‐performance algorithmic trading strategies. Duties will include:
- Supervising and optimizing strategy performance
- Intraday market and credit risk management
- Basic back office and site reliability monitoring
- Communication and coordination with the larger global Crypto trading team
Our ideal candidate is dependable, trustworthy and has the confidence to oversee our trading business during atypical working hours. This candidate will also have the opportunity to work closely with software engineers to enhance and further develop the firm’s trading strategies. Our Traders not only become experts in trading technology and its interaction with the market, but they also play a crucial role in the evolution of market micro structure and the driving forces behind liquidity. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to join a collaborative, fast-growing desk, while learning Crypto trading at a leading market maker.
- 1-3 years’ experience working at a financial institution. Crypto experience a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field preferred. Strong graduates will also be considered.
- Programming experience is required (Python, SQL, Java or C++).
- Dependable, trustworthy and highly self-motivated and self-disciplined individual.
- Outstanding quantitative problem‐solving skills and mathematical aptitude.
- The ability to communicate information precisely and with agility.
- A physicalizer; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare.
After applicants pass an initial resume screening, an online programming test will be sent via email. This test is from a service called Codility so please be on the lookout. After passing the programming test, we will contact you to arrange a phone screen. We looking forward to meeting you!
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.