Virtu is an industry-leading financial technology firm that operates both proprietary trading and client-facing businesses in the global financial marketplace. Our cutting edge, proprietary technology is core to everything we do. We trade in over 35 countries, across 235 financial exchanges and over 25% of retail order flow in the US. is serviced by Virtu.
Our team is a dedicated group of client relationship managers, traders and developers that are inspired by the unique and exciting challenges we solve every day. Our culture combines the creativity of a fast paced start up, with the stability of a disciplined financial services firm. We are a flat organization and encourage our people to innovate and lean on their teammates for support and collaboration. We have fun, work hard and strive to be virtuous in all we do.
ANALYTICS - CLIENT SERVICES INTERN
Virtu's internship program offers students an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the firm and the world’s financial markets. We have built a thoughtful and challenging curriculum that introduces students to all aspects of Virtu's business through a company-curated global training week, real world problems to solve and engaging social events to get to know our team and culture.
- Location: NYC
- Dates: 10 week program, starting June 8th 2020 through August 14th 2020 (with some flexibility if needed).
- Training: Ongoing training throughout the summer and a global training week held in New York for all interns.
- Real Problems: Real customer problems to solve throughout the program.
Our Analytics team is responsible for supporting and consulting clients on the use of transaction cost tools provided by Virtu. This role includes consulting projects for Virtu's clients, visiting clients, helping product management define requirements and answering the client services requests. The ideal candidate will have a strong quantitative approach/background and should have a managerial understanding of statistical methods used when analyzing market data. This position requires someone who can think on his or her feet and learn new subject matter quickly. The successful candidate has past experience with transaction cost analysis or in finance and should be highly motivated and driven to proactively engage clients and understand their needs.
Virtu is looking to hire a motivated, self-starter to join its Analytics team for the summer. We'll trust you to:
- Support existing clients in their use of Virtu's pre- and post-trade analytics services
- Generate ad-hoc analysis for internal and external users
- Support APR Sales and Virtu Sales and Trading in their clients visits
- Create custom product presentations based on client research requests
- Provide implementation and training support to clients, often on-site
- Excellent academic background
- Quantitative leaning degree preferred but not required
- Practical experience in programming, including Python, SQL or R
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-disciplined, detail and results oriented
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working collective goals.