Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide
Our Strategy Development team is a highly talented group of versatile software engineers. As a Strategy Developer, your primary responsibility will be to design, develop and maintain our proprietary, low-latency trading algorithms and infrastructure. Responsibilities include improving the scalability, performance and efficiency of existing trading strategies, collaborating with Quantitative Traders and Quants to design new strategies, and building trading analysis and risk monitoring tools.
Virtu offers a dynamic, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
- Mastery of core Java and/or C++.
- Ability to design and implement highly optimized, scalable code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven, self-starting personality. Our employees are expected to demonstrate peer leadership and initiative early on.
- Being comfortable with a wide variety of projects (frontend/backend, different programming languages)
- Experience in distributed and/or highly concurrent systems is a plus.
- Experience in low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments is a plus.