Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
The Virtu IT team is looking for an exceptional self-starter to join as a Cisco Unified Communications Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position is dependable, motivated and eager to learn in a highly collaborative, global team. This is a great opportunity that offers the right person a wealth of experience in both VOIP management and various aspects of IT support in a fast paced, financial services company.
Virtu’s Cisco Unified Communications Engineer will be responsible for the engineering, configuration and global support of all Virtu’s enterprise IP telephony, voicemail, video conferencing, instant messaging, and desktop networking technologies. This position will assist in creating the enterprise strategy of Virtu’s telecommunication and collaborate with the internal team and vendors to ensure the provision of stable and efficient services for our employees, and that these services are meeting the needs of the company. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, data communications, telecommunications and video systems and documentation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience CUCM administration 11.X
- Experience with E164 Numbering
- Experience with Unity Connection 11.X
- Experience with IM&P 11.X
- Experience with the UCS-C Platform
- Experience with administration and support of Jabber for Windows, Mac, IPhone, Droid and Video
- General understanding of network infrastructure components and concepts
- General understanding of Microsoft Windows and Linux server management
- General understanding of Voice Vlan, Data Vlan, DHCP, Phone Boot Process and Phone Load process
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to independently manage multiple concurrent activities
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- SIP Gateways (CUBE, 39XX, ASR1004)
- Good understanding of MGCP, H323, Dial-peers, Dial Manipulation and Route-Patterns
- Solid experience with International Number Plan
- Expressway MRA VCS & UCS
- Video End Points MX, SX and DX
- Cisco Meeting Server 1000
- Cisco Spark
- Experience working directly with Cisco routers, switches, wireless and Quality of Service is a plus
- Experience with VMWare ESX is a plus