VaynerMedia is a digital agency that helps Fortune 500 companies tell their stories. Our expertise in strategy, creative, photo and video production, and ad buying yields work that drives actual business results. We day-trade consumer attention, guiding our diverse clientele to focus on the platforms that command the attention of their specific customers, whom we captivate with the highly targeted videos and content we develop. With offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chattanooga, TN, we market for the year we live in, we live and breathe emerging technology and we are always growing.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in transforming the way that advertising works, and who are eager to use technology as the catalyst for change. As a data-driven group of engineers, we believe that tremendous value can be added to advertising when the right tasks can be abstracted, and evaluated programmatically.
What We’re Building
Our job is to build the technology needed to continuously meet the advertising requirements of Fortune 500 companies in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
We build reporting tools that allow the agency to better scale - running more media across more channels with less overhead - from ad creation to media actualization. Our suite of products automates workflows that quickly become unmanageable when dealing with so many disparate entities, and is built on our warehouse of the vast quantity of data available through our API partners. Our focus is on process automation technology for advertising rather than typical ad technology - we feel that cross-platform workflow automation provides more value and is far more defendable that competing with the platforms for performance gains.
Note - There are several job listing for the Ad Tech team. Please apply to only the one you are most interested in.
- You adapt quickly, and are comfortable not always having a long runway. The landscape we work in is nascent, and rapidly changing.
- You firmly believe there is a line between the tasks best suited for individuals, and those best suited for machines. You are constantly looking to re-draw that boundary.
- You are perpetually curious. We value individuals who can not only provide first-class solutions, but can also ask the right questions.
- You enjoy working on a small team, and the challenge of juggling responsibilities so that above all else, deadlines are met.
- You are interested in the space, and not just its applications with regards to data science. We believe the best technology comes from a true understanding of the problem, which requires a willingness to absorb as much “context” as possible.
- You love to solve problems by creating software that scales. We never want to build the same solution twice, and solving a problem for one person should solve that same problem for everyone else. Our job is to make the rest of the company more efficient.
Required Skills / Experience
- Experience working with complex data or a strong technical background
- Experience with python, pandas, PostgreSQL, and general ETL a plus
- Passionate about data and willing to think creatively about best practices for maintaining its integrity
- Oversee automated data retrieval across multiple environments
- Improve processes around how we load, store and access data
- Maintain existing API integrations (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Google, etc.)
- Integrate with new analytics APIs
- Responsible for timely and accurate daily reporting to management
- Optimize complex SQL queries and the pandas reporting engine
- Assist users with complex data requests and ad-hoc analytics
- We are a small, focused, and collaborative team
- New members quickly take on responsibility of larger parts of the application
- While your focus may be on one part of our technology stack we know that engineers love to learn, and we encourage you to continue to learn all of our tools