VaynerMedia helps brands market for the year we live in, meaning that we focus our efforts on understanding where consumer’s attention is and telling impactful stories native to the platforms that have captivated your audience. Through this approach, we are able to help our clients achieve real business results (see below for note about selling shit). We are fortunate to work with companies in various industries including consumer-packaged goods, technology, quick service restaurants, publishing, mobile and entertainment, among others.
VaynerMedia interns live for the hustle. They're the type that want to build businesses one day, and won't stop until they get there. They're the next generation of marketing leaders, and we treat them as such.
The Internship: The VaynerMedia Photo Studio handles all photography needs for the entire company. The photo studio is a fast paced environment, which handles a high volume of photo shoots every day. We are looking for an individual to join our team for the summer as the Photo Assistant Intern.
Who are you?
An ultimate team player that will create value in any situation with a smile and can-do attitude. You have a passion for photography, lighting and an eagerness to create fun and beautiful content. You are a flexible multi-tasker who communicates naturally, passionately, and collaboratively. You’ll be spending your time at VaynerMedia assisting the Photo Manager and Staff Photographer with lighting photo shoots, shooting photo shoots, and handling all asset management post shoots. As such, your portfolio should not only demonstrate your photography skills but your ability to light subjects in multiple locations and environments.
- Assisting the Photo Manager with the Photo Studio Calendar
- Help to prep and breakdown the studio for all photo shoots
- Assist the photographers with lighting photo shoots
- Download assets post photo shoot, tag them and upload them to the server
- Assist Photo Manager in photo research
The ideal candidate has:
- Familiarity with all current social media platforms and their creative capabilities
- Experience with canon cameras, studio strobe lighting, and DSLR lenses
- Can work effectively as a team member by participating actively and constructively taking feedback as needed
- Can move and light different objects in a timely manner
- Experience working in a photo studio and high volume photo shoots
- Direct working experience in the following programs:
- Mac OX
- Image data base Management
- Also helpful if has experience with:
- Photo retouching
- Food photography styling
- Experience on-set photo assisting for large scale photo shoots
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Knowledge of photo and video file formats and uploading files online
- Possess ability to identify and “tell the story” in photographs
- Flexible and willing to take on many tasks at once
- Attention to detail
- Creative/strategic thinker
- Teamwork oriented
- Must be able to commute to NYC office
- Must be able to bring own laptop to work
- Has a hunger to learn and be mentored by professionals
- Loves all things digital and understands relevant social media platforms
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work 35 hours per week
- Academic credit accepted
Please submit a digital portfolio with resume submissions.
This 10-week program will run from Monday, June 13th through Friday, August 19th.