We’re VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative and media agency built for the now. Born in social, our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect and create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Mexico City. We are recognized for our work in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD and The Webbies to name a few.
Culture is our key and Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMedia EMEA is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative and strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time – PEOPLE. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. In EMEA, we are proudly 250+, servicing multi-brands across the region.
We’re looking for a driven Media Manager to oversee and ensure the execution of media plans run smoothly from inception to completion, and line up with client goals and expectations. The Media Manager will lead day-to-day communications with the client ensuring they are constantly updated with campaign performance and provide strategic and innovative direction to their clients strengthening client relationships.
As the Media Manager, you will be responsible for planning, optimising and reporting campaigns to meet and surpass the clients’ success metrics. In addition, the Media Manager will support the collaboration between departmental teams acting as a key driving force in planning ideation, media-execution, and media-led creative.
Here’s where you come in…
- Monitor campaigns for performance along with a team of Media Analysts and Senior Media Analysts, ensuring campaigns are pacing accordingly, managing spend, troubleshooting campaigns, creating insights about performance, making updates accordingly and flagging potential issues to management.
- Create and present sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights and QA reporting.
- Develop and deliver client-facing campaign reports to showcase performance, new business opportunities, and storytelling: pacing reports, campaign build, ad-hoc analysis, and high-touch optimizations to ensure relevant metrics and insights are highlighted.
- Manage up to senior leadership corresponding to the most crucial aspects of a client's business, keeping them abreast of any pertinent developments and urgent client needs.
- Manage ad technology vendors needed to execute specific campaign work.
- Collaborate across disciplines to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands.
We treasure Personality and Experience yet we do know that these qualifications lead to what WE KNOW as a success:
- Proven experience working in a Media agency or Media team
- Experience leading and managing teams, ideally 2-3 analysts who would be responsible for trafficking, QA'ing and optimizing digital media. The candidate should be able to provide leadership, mentorship, vision and technical expertise and be comfortable managing timelines and projects internally and externally, including task management as needed (i.e. 'owning' a Trello board, weekly tasks, google sheets, etc)
- A person that is well versed in media who can utilize resources to help guide the client’s marketing goals in their respective markets (syndicated, proprietary, analyst data)
- Advanced skills in Excel including pivot tables, V-Look Ups, and macros
- Should be comfortable with a least two of the following areas/platforms:
- Ad trafficking/tagging/DCM
- Google stack
- FB stack
- One or multiple DSP platforms
- LinkedIn or other stack
- An empathetic, patient and collaborative spirit that fosters a positive day-to-day experience for their teammates.
- Has the ability to lead by example in terms of attention to detail, general work ethic, empathy and internal/external professionalism.
- You live for today’s digital & mobile consumer, driven, and hungry to succeed and always looking to learn more.
Here’s how We Support You
We regularly review our benefits and are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people.
- 27 Days Paid Leave + 1 Day Birthday Leave
- Cash Plan with Medicash - Level 2 cover, option to add partner.
- Virtual GP, Skinvision, 24/7 Health and Stress Helplines, Discounted Gym, Medicash Extras
- Life Assurance, Income Protection, Group Personal Pension.
- Cycle to work scheme and PerkBox (online discount platform with 250 perks available).
- Employee Assistance Program (Financial, Mental and Physical Wellbeing)
- Unum Help@Hand (Remote GP, Second Opinion, Mental Health Support, Physiotherapy Support, Life, Money and Wellbeing Support).
- Sanctus coaching sessions, Journey private and team class sessions.
- NABS and BIMA UK access in events, classes, coaching and mentoring sessions.
What you SHOULD KNOW about VaynerMedia
Think “lab” and not “agency”. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. It’s fun!
We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms and part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model and process on its head. We don’t play to agency/industry norms and our culture and energy reflects that.
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, and the opportunity to collaborate with the talented and enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We can’t wait to meet you.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.K.