We’re VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative and media agency built for the now. Born in social, our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect and create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Mexico City. We are recognized for our work in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD and The Webbies to name a few.
Culture is our key and Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMedia EMEA is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative and strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time – PEOPLE. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. In EMEA, we are proudly 250+, servicing multi-brands across the region.
We are creators, influencers, creative industry rogues, and SuperBowl stars. We are not just on the internet; we are creating the stuff the internet wants to see. We’re insane for what we do and the people we do it with. We move so fast and make so much good shtuff that we can’t even keep up with ourselves. So, we need more folks just like us, the unconventional, less-obvious, unseasoned (or over seasoned) social pros. But above all - passionate makers and culture shakers.
VaynerMedia Amsterdam is searching for a motivated, and highly organised person to join the strategy team as a Post Creative Strategist.
Strategy at VaynerMedia provides a crucial perspective on the business dynamics. We are a human centric, culture obsessed discipline where we dive deep into audience insights, media trends, cultural shifts, and tech innovations that inform our strategic recommendations. Our team is collectively redefining and modernizing the way our clients harness consumer and cultural intelligence, develop brand strategy and plan for attention.
The Post Creative Strategist role is our entry level strategy position and is focused on identifying insights and developing creative strategies and briefs for a social-first approach to marketing.
You will be an integral member of the wider Strategy department, with reporting lines into the Strategy Director.
Here’s where you come in…
- Ongoing monitoring of brand social channels & relevant online conversations looking for highest impact opportunities to engage (including proactive identification of conversations & communities strategically and creatively relevant for the brand)
- Continuous active listening on brands currently tracking every follower interaction: comments, responses, DM’s
- Researching and analyzing brand and cultural trends and their relevance to our clients and creative campaigns
- Willing to go beyond basic tracking to analyzing and drawing hypothesis, including providing a daily digest of observations + recommendations, to produce creative briefs
- Use third party tools to manage brand’s pages
- Read every comment across all social posts, and respond to consumers across these channels, maintaining a consistent brand voice across these conversations, and using the opportunity to engage followers, probe further insights, or advance brand goal
- Follow proper escalation systems, as needed, for followers with negative feedback.
- Seek opportunities to insert the brand in social conversation, whether around relevant trending topics/news or engaging with social influencers/celebrities/other brands
We treasure Personality and Experience yet we do know that these qualifications lead to what WE KNOW as a success:
- College degree with a keen interest in brands, marketing and social media.
- Bonus points if you consider yourself to be an expert in popular culture
- Consider oneself a Social Media “know it all” and have experience working across a variety of social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.
- Can combine creativity and analytics with the ability to convert into a story
- Innate curiosity and ability to adapt + be flexible, whether with new tools, platforms, processes, etc.
- Any experience using the following social listening tools is a plus but not mandatory.
- Any experience putting together presentations in written form using google slides
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
What you SHOULD KNOW about VaynerMedia
Think “lab” and not “agency”. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. It’s fun!
We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms and part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model and process on its head. We don’t play to agency/industry norms and our culture and energy reflects that.
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, and the opportunity to collaborate with the talented and enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We can’t wait to meet you.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the Netherlands.