What’s up? We’re VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore, Australia, Thailand, Japan and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Culture is our key and Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMediaAPAC is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative and strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time --- PEOPLE. Day in and day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention and culture. In APAC, we are proudly +250, servicing a diverse client all around the region.
We are looking for an all-star Account Director to join our growing Australia team. In this role, you'll be the mama/papa bear of a major account(s) ; serving as the single point of contact internally and externally. You'll collaborate closely with internal strategy, creative, media, analytics, and production teams, bringing ideas from concept to reality. We’re looking for someone who is a wizard with timelines, scopes, and business affairs, with enough creative and strategic thinking.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, can seamlessly juggle multiple, often-complex projects, and have enough hustle & heart to do it all with a smile, you’re our person.
Who Are You?
- An overall leader who runs the day to day, keeping the wheels moving and your client and team motivated.
- Makes magic happen at all internal cross-functional teams during the project lifecycle for all brand projects that include creative, social & digital content.
- A gatekeeper of the brand equity and quality control of work prior to it leaving the building.
- A big thinker yet hands-on in execution.
- Can write and execute statements of work, scope, tasks, timeline, budget, and development based on project requirements and plans.
- Contribute to the VM processes and align with finance, operations, and legal on project and client requirements.
- Own the final project assets: folders on the server, shared documents in the drive, and contracts in the box.
- Obsessed with meetings such as kick-offs, brainstorms, and deliverable reviews just to get things done.
- You live and breathe the agency processes, including creative production, paid media, and social while optimising those processes.
- Give the big picture to the inter-departmental teams such as milestones, deliverables, and completion.
- You’re sharp in tracking scopes when change occurs -- you know exactly what to do.
- Collaborates with creative team leads to manage team tasks, next steps, manage bandwidth, and needed resources.
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Act as the overall management of a client’s business, ensuring that we are delivering for the client’s business everyday.
- Understand your role as a leader on the team. Always approachable and empathetic, you are seen as a role model to their direct reports in terms of maturity, self awareness and professionalism.
- Proactively identify needs of the client and business to sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient results on their overall marketing dollars, while delivering best in class work that help grow client business
- Strong foundational and working knowledge of creative and media across major digital and social channels. Must be well versed in common marketing, media principles with a strong understanding of the social media platforms and their ecosystems.
- You deliver all projects on time and within budget for your business
- Solid presentation skills (verbal, written, visual) to deliver impeccable strategic social counsel and ability to partner with creative and media teams to get to a strong story
- 5+ years of experience working within the social / digital and agency space
- A proven understanding and expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space and how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for large ASX listed brands
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, and social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success and measurement opportunities
- Experience managing projects, coordinating teams, and other planning-related duties, preferably in the digital ad or media space.
- Time management is your cup of tea.
- Experience in budget development and contract (SOW) writing.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Out of the box lead and practical hands-on experience in project management.
- You make and lead stuff to happen.
What you should know about VaynerMedia
Think “lab” and not “agency”. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. It’s fun!
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, and the opportunity to collaborate with the talented and enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We can’t wait to meet you.