We describe ourselves as the most contemporary global creative and media agency. We’re independent, born in social back in 2009; we come from New York and our founder Gary Vaynerchuk (known by his fans as garyvee) and we have grown locally and authentically across the world. We are digital first, we are creative and media - we are all the things that the advertising industry isn’t. We have gone to the roots of where consumer attention is, building business transformation, building culturally and contextually relevant creative and distributing it via the modern comms plan. We believe through and through that brand is built in social and that if brands listen to consumers, see their real time behaviour, know culture and platforms better than anyone, then we will build the most effective brands in the world. We are social through and through but we think big - our work scales to big ideas (we made 3 Superbowl ads this year).
VaynerMedia - and VaynerX (our version of a modern holding co) is growing at a crazy rate. New York is the mothership, and we have offices in London, APAC (Singapore, Bangkok, Australia, Tokyo), LATAM (Mexico City) and LA. We have just been awarded AdWeek’s Breakthrough Media Agency of the Year and were #5 in AdAge’s A List (up from ‘Agency to Watch’ last year. Our first Campaign School Report for EMEA described us as “the cool exchange student forming roots” which we love a lot as it gets to the heart of what we are trying to do.
VaynerMedia in EMEA is flying. We are 200+ strong and doubled in headcount during the pandemic. Our clients include TikTok (social AOR, run out of London), Durex, Tinder, Kraft Heinz, WeWork, Indeed, among others. We’ve been running multiple local market campaigns - integrated media and creative, creative only, media only - across NL, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and there are more on the cards, which is why we are growing our presence in Amsterdam.
VaynerMedia Amsterdam is opening shortly, primarily to partner the many EU clients we have. We love Amsterdam - it’s an incredibly creative, innovative and exciting market. It has diverse talent representing many different countries and communities. It’s the perfect hub for our EU operations. And of course, it’s a great city. We believe in launching in a market bottom up - with incredible local people who understand and are excited about the ‘Vayner Way’ shaking things up, and building credibility and fame through our work. We’d love to talk to you to see if this sounds like you…
This exciting role is your first step into agency life and also a founding role for our newly established office in Amsterdam. We’re looking for an enthusiastic lover of all things social, especially TikTok, someone who is already on multiple platforms and who is passionate about the role social can play in building brands and connecting to audiences in an authentic way. This isn’t a role for people who like to take 6 months to develop one piece of creative. This is an always on role that moves daily and will put you at the epicenter of culture.
Your role will see you working closely with your Account Manager, Senior Influencer Manager and Account Director across both our EMEA hub in London and Amsterdam, aligning the overall social vision across markets, whilst making sure you deliver work across their social channels that understands and listens to the consumers in the markets they serve.
As an Account Executive you will help support the wider team in the daily management and relationship building between the client and the agency. You are responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the account for the agency, developing effective working relationships with key client contacts. This is not a role for someone who likes to take a back seat in life as you will be at the front of this account getting involved with solving problems, pushing best practice, attending meetings, drafting internal and external comms and keeping a track of the progress of all projects across the agency.
We are incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved over the past year as a team, and are looking for a creatively brave Account Executive to help support the team on this exciting client win.
- Supporting the account team in the development and preparation of presentations, performance reviews and reports for the clients.
- A brand guardian - helping to keep the team updated re what’s going on in your clients world, knowing their competitors and keeping your teams up to speed on the latest trends and developments in their sectors.
- Supporting the execution of projects, working closely with your account manager and project director to ensure the team are clear on the tasks at hand, and that client feedback has been addressed and implemented when relevant.
- Helping to proof all work before it goes out, spotting mistakes and flagging to relevant team members any amends that need to be addressed.
- Working closely with your project manager to ensure that all projects are running to plan, owning all internal and external status reports. Being able to communicate in advance to your clients should timelines need to change.
- Taking accurate notes in meetings and circulate in a timely manner to clients with clear actions and next steps outlined.
- Working closely with your Account Manager to make sure all billing and finances are up to date, assisting your project manager on estimating for smaller projects.
- Spot platform opportunities to optimise the work we are doing, feeding in trends to the wider team.
- Collaborating with the wider team across other departments (Strategy, Creative, Production, Project Management, Analytics/Insights, Media) to improve and execute on client deliverables and processes.
- The account cheerleader - Evangelising the work you are doing across the agency, keeping everyone informed and excited about the great work the team are doing on TikTok, driving relevant recognition, PR, awards etc
- Keep VaynerMedia values at the core of what you do, that restless energy and desire push boundaries and to do more, but also the ability to muck in with the team.
- Grow relationships, have fun and participate in VaynerMedia social engagement.
Desirable skills and experience:
- A passion and real love for all things social, with an understanding of relevant social media platforms and their requirements.
- A passion for fashion, beauty and all things retail.
- A keen interest in the world of marketing and a passion for creativity.
- A problem-solving attitude and approach to your day to day, but know when to ask for help and bring in your Account Manager or Account Director for support.
- The ability to adapt quickly, plan ahead and flag to your team when you see there may be potential sticking points down the line.
- A team player with a client centric focus who possesses the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with your teams and colleagues.
- Organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to manage multiple projects, budgets and channels.
- Curious about the clients’ business and sector.
- Able to deal positively with setbacks.
- Ability to thrive and remain agile in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset and our people guide our work and our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, and we are committed to providing the support and flexibility needed for people to do their best work and have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch and we value diversity of thought and experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative and happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work and our ways of working.
We have newly launched an entity in Europe with Amsterdam being our first office in EMEA. We are currently in the process of reviewing our benefits offerings and are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
This role is a full time role based in Amsterdam, candidates must be authorised to work in the Netherlands.