VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
VaynerMedia London has huge ambitions. We’ve doubled in size over the last year and broadened both our client list and kind of work we’re doing for them. Our roots are in social, and we love it because it is where we get to really understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight and to see how people engage in real life and respond to content. We are creative and media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. We produce a lot of our work in-house because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms and our model is built bottom up, flipping traditional advertising model and process on its head. We don’t play to agency/industry norms and our culture and energy reflects that.
We’re looking for a (social/digital) Project Manager to lead on one (or more) of our accounts. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of an agile, dynamic team helping create a wider brand community across social, utilising models of work unique to VaynerMedia.
The task at hand:
- Own, operate and ensure the successful delivery of the project, to planned budget, scope and quality, utilising the Vayner Volume model.
- Organise communications to ensure smooth operating of the project, both internally and with the client throughout the project life cycle.
- Meticulous management of project scope, with confidence in negotiating client discussions relating to changing circumstances including effort, resource, time and quality.
- Carefully construct a program of work for the project team, with clear understanding of responsibilities and crafts owned by creative, media, production and client teams.
- Develop planning artifacts (timelines, processes, task sheets etc) in order to ensure the project can continue to be clearly conveyed and understood by both the internal team, your direct report, and the client stakeholder.
- Escalate through constructive means, any project risks, issues or concerns with clarified options for mitigation.
- Utilise operational tools and teams (finance, resourcing) to ensure your project has the correct support to function successfully and that its bottom-line performance is being carefully tracked and reported.
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy environment
- You are both highly organised, highly adaptable and comfortable being uncomfortable
- You are detail-oriented and organised
- You have excellent written and verbal communication to synthesise, plan and execute
- You’ve delivered integrated, digital and social campaigns with learning examples
- You want to have an impact and feel passionate about the work that you do
- You are highly collaborative by nature and believe in the value of good conversations
The ideal candidate is:
- Highly proficient in project management tools and systems
- Highly numerate and operational in thinking on project performance and financial management of project bottom line.
- Able to manage multiple small projects as a single program, if required.
- Takes a self-organising approach to project governance, utilising agency best practices and principles.
- Strategic in project approach, high acumen in factoring business opportunity and balancing risk and cost.
- Has the ability to stay solution-oriented with cross-functional, cross-disciplined teams in a client-facing environment.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset and our people guide our work and our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, and we are committed to providing the support and flexibility needed for people to do their best work and have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch and we value diversity of thought and experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative and happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work and our ways of working.
For now, these are some of things we have in place to support you..
We regularly review our benefits and are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people. This currently includes all the good stuff you would expect from Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday through to Group Personal Pension and Income Protection.
We know some days aren't as good as others and that's OK. We have our mental health partner Sanctus on hand for employee coaching sessions and an Employee Assistance Programme in place should you need it. We also work with NABS, an industry specific support organisation who are passionate about helping people to thrive.
Sometimes it can be the smaller things that make you smile. We have a subsidised ClassPass offering for any fitness lovers, a wide variety of discounts and benefits through Perkbox and you can save on your commute through Commuter Club or our Cycle To Work Scheme. If R&R is more your thing you can take some time out for a monthly massage, join one of our bi-weekly mindfulness sessions or our weekly yoga sessions and much more. We understand that there has never been a more important time for self-care and as such we have a varied wellbeing programme to help you to be your best self.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.