VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative and media agency. We are experts in driving relevance for clients and delivering results that impact business not just awards shelves. Founded in 2009 in NY and 2015 in the UK, we have offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore, Thailand and Mexico City. And we’re not bad at what we do, with awards at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards, D&AD and The Webbys. We’re part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Here in London, we have huge ambitions, we’ve doubled in size over the last year and broadened both our client list and kind of work we’re doing for them. Our roots are in social, and we love it because it is where we get to really understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight and to see how people engage in real life and respond to content. We are creative and media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. We produce a lot of our work in-house because execution is key to effectiveness and we have an awesome team of motion designers, editors and designers to make it happen. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms and our model is built bottom up, flipping traditional advertising model and process on its head. We don’t play to agency/industry norms and our culture and energy reflects that. If you’re here to change the world then we are your people.
The task at hand:
We’re growing our creative department and are on the lookout for an innovative, integrated Senior Copywriter to partner with an existing art director and bolster our skills. You should be experienced enough to concept, create across all channels and pitch campaigns to our senior clients. Seasoned enough to take feedback with grace and understand the vision of how to make truly great work together with clients as an integral part. You should be hungry to learn and to have an insatiable appetite for absorbing creative inspiration from the world around you, turning that insight into stand-out work that breaks the mould and has a genuine impact. You should be all over the social platforms, as comfortable creating for TikTok as you are for TV. You should be driven, curious and passionate when searching for inspiration. You’ll be an approachable, inquisitive mind who’ll enjoy being part of a collaborative creative culture. We’re looking for strong ideas, big thinking and a craft focussed Senior Copywriter with a diverse and varied portfolio of work, who can truly problem solve across our client portfolio.
Core responsibilities include:
- Consistently produce heavy-hitting ideas and campaigns on brief, on time and across any media without constant oversight
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Write high-engagement social media content that reflects the brands voice, adheres to the brands guidelines, follows strategic insights and platform best practices
- Gather learnings and insights from platforms, consumer feedback and culture to make concise and relevant recommendations to evolve creative thinking
- Able to present copy concepts well at all levels - from senior clients and new biz to agency and creative leaders
- Collaborate with Art Director to successfully concept, create, plan pre-production through post-production, including organisation of the shoot, directing content etc
- Be as much of a friendly mentor as a proficient doer when working within our dynamic brand team structure
- Working into and ACD/CD
- 6+ years experience in a creative agency or similar environment
- Ability to proofread and self-edit copy to produce error free content that adheres to the brands guidelines
- The ability to understand, absorb and execute
- A strong aptitude for time management, organisation and communication
- A strong skillset for storytelling, a mastery of grammar and the English language, and the ability to tailor your writing to tell that story on a variety of platforms for multiple brands
- A love for all things social, digital and creative, with a keen interest in new platforms, technologies and innovation across our industry and the creative landscape
- The passion to not only deliver on an ask, but push any brief to be the best it can
- The ability to work as effectively as a solo Copywriter and as part of a team, as needed.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset and our people guide our work and our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, and we are committed to providing the support and flexibility needed for people to do their best work and have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch and we value diversity of thought and experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative and happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work and our ways of working. For now, these are some of things we have in place to support you..
We regularly review our benefits and are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people. This currently includes all the good stuff you would expect from Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday through to Group Personal Pension and Income Protection.
We know some days aren't as good as others and that's OK. We have our mental health partner Sanctus on hand to book sessions with one of their coaches and an Employee Assistance Programme in place should you need it. We also work with NABS, an industry specific support organisation who are passionate about helping people to thrive.
Sometimes it can be the smaller things that make you smile. We have gym benefits through the ClassPass platform, over 250 small perks available through Perkbox and you can save money on your commute through Commuter Club. We understand that there has never been a more important time for self care and have a varied wellbeing programme to help you to be your best self. If R&R is more your thing take some time out for a massage or our VaynerMedia weekly Mindfulness sessions.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.