VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative and media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients and delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 and has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore and Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards and The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
In A Nutshell:
Our Manager, Buying ensures the execution of media plans are running smoothly and line up with client goals and expectations. As the Media Manager, Buying you will be responsible for planning, optimizing and reporting campaigns to meet and surpass the clients’ success metrics while also supporting the team where needed with other projects and planning.
What You’d Do:
- Oversee a team of Media Analysts providing leadership, mentorship, vision and technical expertise.
- Monitor campaigns for performance along with a team of Media Analysts and Senior Media Analysts,ensuring campaigns are pacing accordingly, managing spend, troubleshooting campaigns, creating insights about performance, making updates accordingly and flagging potential issues to management.
- Create and present sophisticated media investment strategies to clients, derived from industry insights and QA reporting.
- Develop and deliver client-facing campaign reports to showcase performance, new business opportunities, and storytelling: pacing reports, campaign build, ad-hoc analysis, and high-touch optimizations to ensure relevant metrics and insights are highlighted.
- Manage up to senior leadership corresponding to the most crucial aspects of a client's business, keeping them abreast of any pertinent developments and urgent client needs.
- Manage ad technology vendors needed to execute specific campaign work.
- Collaborate across disciplines to craft best-in-class, holistic omnichannel media strategies rooted in driving tangible business outcomes for large brands.
What You’ve Got:
- 3-4 years experience media agency experience as a Media Buyer with entrepreneurial street cred and/or BA/BS degree (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Finance)
- Experience leading and managing a teams or an individual
- Advanced skills in Excel including pivot tables, V-Look Ups, and macros
- Experience across buying/biddable platforms
- Experience working with analytics, attribution and measurement systems. Including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- MOAT/IAS/Double Verify
- Nielsen/Millward Brown/Oracle Measurement
- An empathetic, patient and collaborative spirit that fosters a positive day-to-day experience for their teammates.
- You live for today’s digital & mobile consumer,driven, and hungry to succeed and always looking to learn more.
- has the ability to lead by example in terms of attention to detail, general work ethic, empathy and internal/external professionalism.