STRATEGY @ SASHA
From first opening our doors in 2019, we continue to grow and shape our Sasha approach to branding and brand strategy, in service of our mission to inspire clients about their own brands so they can, in turn, inspire others.
We work with clients to help them tell their own brand stories in a way that is human and culture-centric, and to reach the right audience with compelling narratives & communications that motivate them to think, decide and act.
Unlike other branding shops, where the strategy starts and finishes in a brand book - the strategy discipline at Sasha aims to connect the brand story with brand activation out in the world. We dig into audience insights, category, tech and media trends as well as cultural shifts to inform the work we do. We gather knowledge, develop insights and build recommendations for our clients in dynamic ways- whether it’s through in-depth interviews, running hands-on workshops or using a diverse set of sources and tools to ensure we are always reframing the thinking and testing new perspectives to get to compelling work.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Use research and insight, experience, industry and client knowledge to develop and lead human-centric, differentiated brand work for our clients, from brand “heart” (brand foundations) to “head”, (core brand strategy) to “hands” (brand activation) in partnership with key disciplines at Sasha.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and strategic skills to help solve clients’ business problems.
- Using research, data and insight build clear, compelling and effective narratives for our clients’ brands
- Bring to life our clients’ consumers in culture through the insightful use of qual & quant research together with cultural mining.
- Build and maintain client and external agency relationships.
- Brief creative teams for ideation and steer / facilitate brainstorms, workshops and collaborate on ideation sessions that drive greater creativity and innovation.
- Evaluate creative concepts and communication opportunities and provide sound feedback and/or recommendations, as appropriate.
- Direct the strategic development of client presentations in partnership with account-strategy and other important communication; delivering clear, concise & compelling communications
- Grow & develop of his/her direct reports / the wider team by providing clear, direct, actionable and motivating feedback
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape explore new tools and methods for strategy research to constantly improve our offering
Business Development / New business
- Lead strategy on key new business pitches, ensure understanding, carry out focused research and insights gathering and direct the strategic development of pitch presentations
- Oversee the development of compelling case studies led by Strategy associate and account team members
- Proactively develop new insights, audience and cultural understanding that will build our clients’ businesses (and ours in turn)
- Maintain client relationships and spot opportunities to bring to the Sasha team
Growing the Sasha brand & culture
- Seek out networking opportunities to raise the profile of the Sasha branding team & offering
- Write quarterly thought leadership or case study based content for Sasha social channels
- Participate in cross-functional learning & development opportunities to share and mentor in the brand strategy discipline
- 7-10 years strategically building brands either as a consultant or agency strategist, or building strategy from within the walls of a brand.
- Can operate at the intersection of business strategy, consumer understanding and cultural insight to build out effective and relevant brand strategy and narratives.
- Able to overlay brand strategy with an understanding of digital behaviors, and channels for communications and connections, and creating the conditions (and compelling briefs) for teams to develop effective brand activations and ideas.
- Comfortable with core research tools, and ability to review qualitative, quantitative research, and behavioral data to draw and interpret insights.
- Management experience, recognized for the ability to both mentor and empower team members while ensuring quality of strategic output.
- Ability to interact with and influence people of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and collaborative results.
- Self-motivated and shows initiative in spotting opportunities, identifying a clear path forward and acting upon it swiftly.